What's new

+ Week Go north young man!

Current stop for the night.

20230714_190657.jpg

20230714_191402.jpg

Man, you are putting this bike through its paces for sure. Helluva test on it. I figured it'd hold up a lot better than that.

It's not a dirtbike. It's a street bike impersonating a dirtbike. When pushed hard in the dirt this becomes vary apparent. For 99% of the people that buy these, that will not be an issue.

Went down the Cassier highway instead of the alcan. Less traffic and the road is in better shape. Only thing I forgot was going through Banff on a Sunday. Everyone was headed back to Calgary. Traffic sucked. There was also a lot of smoke from the fires in spots so the views were very limited.

Made it to Okotoks tonight. 7600 miles down. Rear tire has maybe a 1/16" of tread left in the center. Pushing on to Red lodge tomorrow.

Guess I never finished this up. With the bike having issues I decided to just head for home on the quickest route. The wind going back south through Montana sucked. I had a good 20-30mph side wind for about 5 hours. My neck was really sore from this. Did help keep the center of the tire from wearing though....

From Oktocks I made it to Broadus MT, 697 miles. The next day I made it home to KC, 835 miles.

Currently the bike is for sale, I have fixed the forks, oil/filter, air filter and washed it. If it doesn't sell by julyish, I might be doing it all over agian.

Needs different muffler mounted closer to stock position. Better rear rack. Maybe the rally kit rear tanks so that the fuel bag isn't needed.

Tire selection, going with the motoZ in the rear again, probably a 606 in the front. The motoZ front did well on the street, but I'd prefer the 606 in the dirt. This way both tires can be bald at the same time.

Top Bottom Back Refresh