What's new

Honda CB350 CB350RS/ GB350S/ GB350C

That's a handsome bike

honda-cb350-2.jpg

I had the chance to ride one!

We spent last week in Taiwan and I rented a CB350. It is the Indian made bike - not the GB350. What's the difference? The GB is assembled in Japan. The bike is not imported by Honda Taiwan. It is a grey market bike. I was told a resident or citizen can import bikes from other countries.

So what's it like?

The bike fit me really well. The ergos were very relaxed. I am 6 ft tall with a 32" inseam.

It's a 5 speed bike. Honestly, it's what I like best. May be it's because I learned to ride on one. I don't know. The bike makes a really nice sound. Honda did a good job with the exhaust. It's really easy to ride. It's very torquey. I rented the bike for one day. It turned out to be half a day because I didn't want to ride at night and the sun set around 5 pm. Still plenty of time in the saddle. My wife thought the passenger seat was comfortable.

Would I want one? Absolutely.

F_nbdvQasAAE-Vo?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

The bike I got had 22,000 miles on it. It did show some wear and tear. It's a rental after all. But I thought the bike still looked good. They were 2 of them. The one above needed a service. The one below was a matte black with a brown seat. Both looked good. This was the Highness model. I'd go for the CB350RS. It has a 17" on the back instead of the 18" on the Highness.

F_nNH6saEAAiwrm?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

F_nNH66aAAAzKAL?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

It is really cool that you could ride this bike. If I ever make it to Taiwan I would go crazy with all the bikes they have that we don't get here.

It is really cool that you could ride this bike. If I ever make it to Taiwan I would go crazy with all the bikes they have that we don't get here.
I am going to a ride report when I get home tonight. I will post LOTS of pics of different bikes. They are mostly scooters. Some amazing stuff!

Here's the web page for the CB350:

The bike comes out to just about $3,000. Median salary in India is $330 a month to put things in perspective.

The accessory page:

Honda rates the CB/ GB 350 at 96 mpg. While I didn't get to calculate the mpg when I rented one, I think actual mpg would probably be more around 80-85 mpg.

I have found out that both Nepal and Singapore will let foreigners buy and register motorcycles. Singapore has a crazy tax markup though which brings the OTD price around $10,500 for the Japanese version and Nepal will charge 130% tax bringing the OTD price around $7,300 for the Indian version. Either way, that's a lot of dough for a $3,000 bike (for India) or $3,800 for Japan. The Japanese price may not be the OTD price. I don't really know. Of course, one would have to include a plane ticket, hotel accommodations, and lots of time. It could be a cool trip with lots of scenic riding. If anyone watched the Revzilla video titled "The Highest Road in the World" where Zack and Spurg took the Triumph single to Umling La, you may have caught one guy riding a Honda CB350 H'Ness at 33:52.

Anyway, I am not in a rush to fly to Singapore or Nepal just yet. But, sure, I'd love to.

Is the new CB350 a success in India? Well, Honda sold over 1,000 in November. I'd say it's a pretty good start.

da-2w-sales-breakup-november-2023-export-chart-min.jpg

What an attractive bike... Drool!

GAl__7BWMAAK9p_?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

There's a guy in Taipei, Taiwan who makes kits to personalize your CB/GB. Looks amazing!

honda-cb350-custom-kit-2.jpg

sorry, but i love the way it looks now. the other looks just like the royal enfield. and seeing how well RE is doing with that they should have at least tried the market here with their bike, in more than one color of course!

Stop posting before I try to pry a sr400 from a reluctant owner. I am not sure why only RE sells a street thumper with classic looks. I am also not sure why I don't own a classic 350! Just need tires and the cast wheel model.

Top Bottom Back Refresh