What's new

Honda SCL500

I've been staring at pics to try and visualize a CBR exh hung on it or a small FMF in place of stock. I don’t think the OE system is going to play well with luggage.

Moriwaki makes a low exhaust (I posted it on page 3). It's for the 300 but they may have one for the 500 too.

popup3-jpg.49524

I love the paint. The utilitarian style racks don't go with the retro paint, but the paint looks great

Just got the call! Bike is shipping today, should be able to get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Moriwaki makes a low exhaust (I posted it on page 3). It's for the 300 but they may have one for the 500 too.

popup3-jpg.49524
Arrow also

Both of these and V&H system are all playing along with the cruiser “murdered out” theme. It’ll likely be awhile before real scrambler parts start showing up.

Traded in the Super Cub for this:

FzKP75BXgAAL8Ge?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Nice!
I got the call today and went and sat on it. I passed....it’ll take more work($$$) than I’m willing to do. To make it into a 500X lite.

My wife did the "seat test." She said the seat is quite small - about the same size as the XSR700 we bought last year. It's just a different shape. It's firm but okay. Nothing to grab on but me. On the plus side, her leg clears the exhaust shield by about one inch so there's no worries about getting burned. We'll try a short ride whenever possible.

I rode 25 miles or so for breakfast and I didn't even it where I bought it! I just went and picked a fresh out of the oven 100% authentic French baguette at Magnol (https://www.magnolfrenchbaking.com/). It did not disappoint!

The SCL reminds me a lot of the XSR I bought last summer. Other than the power difference, the main change is the riding position. I felt I was sitting on top of the XSR whereas I sit in the SCL. One thing that I keep noticing is how good the grip is. I have a lot of confidence riding the little scrambler. The SCL is a about 10 pounds heavier than the XSR but feels lighter. This may have to do with the riding position. I'm not sure. The riding position also limits how fast one can go. 65-70 mph is about it. Beyond that the air pressure is just too much.

I'm very happy so far. I feel that Honda's hit a home run with this bike.

FzTzpF_aUAAmMla?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FzTzpGEakAEiQsX?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

That is such a good looking bike. I'm sure the fenders are steel. Is the side cover plastic?

Any vibration difference between this and your XSR?

That is such a good looking bike. I'm sure the fenders are steel. Is the side cover plastic?

Any vibration difference between this and your XSR?
It's all plastic. I don't mind.

The Honda twin is very smooth right now but I have right under 50 miles on the odometer. Can't tell yet. The sprocket sizes make red light starts fun. You definitely get the most out of that torque. I can already tell from the gearing that you're not going to break any top speed record. That's not what the bike is about anyway.

That's cool. I remember there big a big difference in vibration between my FZ07 and a Versys 650. Not in the amount of vibration, but the type. The Yamaha throbbed while the Kawasaki tingled. Of course, neither really gave any vibes until you got it stretched out on the highway.

Took the wife to an early lunch in midtown. I wanted to get her impressions. She thought the bike was a bit more comfy than the XSR. While she noticed her right leg wasn't aligned with her left one, she didn't think her right foot was way out there. Would she do a long ride? She told me probably not. I guess riding the XSR has taught her something. :lol3

For me, the bike is really enjoyable. It's pretty mellow but still fun. And I like the orange. I've never owned an orange bike before. I think it fits the bike.

FzZ8ijnaUAIOpnx?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

You're making me think hard about these. Seat looks great. I love the wheels. The orange definitely looks sharp.

You're making me think hard about these. Seat looks great. I love the wheels. The orange definitely looks sharp.
Thanks! I really like the orange. It's a pearl orange and really shines in the sun.

It's a great little bike. Honda did really good on this one.

Top Bottom Back Refresh