What's new

Honda SCL500

First review of the CL500 I could find. It's in French but Google Translate is your friend. If you are using Chrome, just right click and select translate to English. It's not perfect but it works.

Honda-CL500-press-launch-Siviglia-2023-26.jpg

Honda-CL500-press-launch-Siviglia-2023-16.jpg
I really dig this styling overall. I was a big fan when the new Rebels came out, these are even better IMO.

At 6'2" I'm probably not gonna buy one, but if the made one based on the 1100 that would be a very, very fun standard to zip around on. If they don't neuter the engine down to Rebel output levels.

I really dig this styling overall. I was a big fan when the new Rebels came out, these are even better IMO.

At 6'2" I'm probably not gonna buy one, but if the made one based on the 1100 that would be a very, very fun standard to zip around on. If they don't neuter the engine down to Rebel output levels.
An 1100 cc version would be awesome!

From what I've read, same power, different sprockets to make it a little zippier at the expense of a lower top speed.

Starting to look alot like Triumphs
Wonder what the weight of the 750 will be. That could be a nice bike considering how anemic the 471 is.

The looks of the CL500 is growing on me....

But the "flannel, skinny jeans, neck beard and man bun" marketing leaves me cold .

Guess I'll just go outside and yell at some clouds

Good looking bike, but is it stuck with the tiny tank of the rebel?

Great review from Motobob

After watching this, the CL seems to check a lot of boxes for me. I think with some minor mods and good tires. The CL might be the swiss army knife I’ve been looking for.

After watching this, the CL seems to check a lot of boxes for me. I think with some minor mods and good tires. The CL might be the swiss army knife I’ve been looking for.
Im waiting on the kawi release with hopefully a 450 scrambler...i like the honda concept. Which bike? I would guess the cl500. Either the 300 or 500 would work for most situations that I ride.

Im waiting on the kawi release with hopefully a 450 scrambler...i like the honda concept. Which bike? I would guess the cl500. Either the 300 or 500 would work for most situations that I ride.
Me too, but i was disappointed in the 650RS. So I’m not expecting much from Team Green

Me too, but i was disappointed in the 650RS. So I’m not expecting much from Team Green
Ya the 400 pages of vx400 speculation on the other site is too much. Now a 4 cyl standard 400 would be nice or an elimator scrambler. Countdown is over a week? Not really a honda rider. But I back the cl bike concept. Things move slow. I almost bought an RE 350 classic. I'm on the fence for a modern lightweight ujm. If otd is right the honda wins. The elimator is almost what I would like. The cl is honda's chance at fixing the modern rebel. I would get why a rider buys a cl500 or the 300. My klr dealer invited me for a cfmoto weekend...late at night! Not good...

The CL5 is 95% the perfect ADV/touring bike I want. Reasonable power, reasonable weight, 17/19 tubless cast wheels, nice flat saddle with room for luggage and the turn signals are way out back. 5” of travel is enough for us members of the old and slow gang.
Add a skid from the X, build a small fender lift and mount up some TKC80’s!
The only gripe I have right now is the 3gal tank.

3 gallons at 70 mpg? That twin has to be efficient. Jeez this is my dreamed up honda 750x sumo build where the gas tank is in the subframe! And the most boring adv bike gets well over 70mpg. My klr knocks back 60 plus and I keep the tank half full..3 gallons for weight reasons. The high center of gravity of both my strom and klr with full tanks is annoying.

Top Bottom Back Refresh