What's new

Honda GROM

I went back out and rode to another dealer. It was a chance for me to ride the R18. I found one! A 2023 ABS model in pearl white. Dealer was asking $5,100 OTD. Hard pass. That's $5-600 more than what I'm willing to pay. I also heard a new one from the sales guy: we can't come down on price because Honda charges us an extra $400 over MSRP. :eek7

Gotta love the white one

FoJ-qivXoAMu2QE?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Wow. The white is really nice!

I am too old to like the Grom style, but love my Monkey.
Its worth every cent I paid for it in smiles.
The 2023 Monkey speedometer is spot on, and 52 mph is typical top speed stock level ground sea level.
Back roads bike.
Its a LOT more fun then the TU250 was, but not as useful/practical, but that is not why you get a mini moto, is it?

I like all of the Honda mini motos but if I were to buy one now it would most likely be a Grom.

My ride home was about 30 miles. Instant mpg showed 109. The tank looked full but you never know. I was getting over 110 mpg on my 2022 GROM.

I love all the mini motos. I've owned one of each except for the Navi and this is my fourth GROM. It's a 10 year love affair at this point.I bought my first GROM way back in 2013 when it first came out. Dealers had no idea how popular this thing was about to get. My wife and I went to a scooter rally short after. The attention it got at the rally was amazing. Everybody wanted to see what it was.

Fp5MYd8X0AIPyyB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Fp5OWrqXsAM7Kwa?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Last edited:
I took the GROM out this afternoon for a 25 mile loop around the city. Main Street turns into a highway. That highway has several overpasses. I clocked in at 69 mph on my way down. I had a bit of help from the wind as well. It's fun! It's even more fun knowing that no matter how hard I try, I can't top 68 mph on the PCX. Lol!

Perfect riding weather in Houston and obligatory pic:

FqfFzE_WwAAcNgN?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I went to pick up my plate today. It's a 60 mile round trip. I have a Honda dealer about 5-6 miles away from me but they just suck. But that's another story. Anyway, in before the crazy cold front we're getting later today. Headwind shaves a solid 5 to 7 mph.

FrWps7MXgAAcLYY?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Beautiful day in Houston: 85 degrees and low humidity. I took the GROM out for a ride. There's a bayou nearby and it makes for some pretty scenery. But the roads are rough. And the little wheels certainly don't help. I had fun though.

FsF4Zs9WcAEMvI8?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Sold my GROM. Again. I think I'm developing a love-hate relationship with the minimotos in the same way I did 15-25 years ago with the F650/ F650GS/ G650 X Country/ G650 X Moto.

Here's my history with the minimotos:

2013 GROM
2013 Super Cub 110
2017 GROM
2019 Monkey
2022 GROM
2021 Trail 125
2023 Super Cub 125
2023 GROM

I still have the Super Cub 125. Not sure what's next but I'm pretty sure I'll own another minimoto. Damn you Honda!

The GROM gets updated in Thailand which means that the 2025 model will feature the updates for us.

LED lights, a belly pan and a few cosmetic changes. I think I like the current model better?

09ThHonda_Grom_2023_WingCenter_BikeGallery_blue.jpg

Honda is outfitting its GROM with a number of accessories. I like the tail bag and side bags.

2024-honda-grom-125-launch-price-1.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh