What's new

Is china the answer

Yeah the RUNE one of Hondas biggest flops needs a copy cat
I remember never hearing about these things forever. People didn't care or know about them. Then a prominent YouTuber did a hit piece on them and suddenly everyone has a poor opinion of Honda's business acumen.

It's en vogue to dump on Honda for being boring and I don't get it. CB's literally changed the world. VFR's and CBR's led the super sport charge for ages. Their dirt bikes are legendary. The F4i's were truly race competitive while being reliable for literally hundreds of thousands of miles. 919, 929, 954 are still sought after. They gave us the Blackbird. They gave us a turbo in the '80's, and it was reliable. They refined the Goldwing in to a touring bike that Harley wishes they could complete with.

Honda bikes were so damn good that they nearly drove Triumph to extinction and Harley actually convinced Reagan to pass law because they were whipping their ass, too. "Heritage" is the only things keeping those brands afloat decades later.

Hell, they plated the CRF450 for us simply because people kept asking for it. Honda literally had their people saying, "it's a dirt bike, we didn't design for extended road use...you don't want what you're asking for". But they gave it to us anyway. "Honda is soooo boring "... meanwhile, what... Suzuki gives us the DRZ400, Kawi gives us the KLR, and Yamaha gives us the TeeDub and TTR. 😁

Honda is a boss. The Rune wasn't a flop. It was a flex. Look at what we can fucking do. While you're scrambling to make ends meet and hitting us with tariffs, we are flourishing while you get bought and sold by bowling alleys.

I’m not dumping on Honda. Hell I’m a huge Honda fan. But they’ve made some bikes that never had a chance. Mostly cuz they could afford to. My comment was why would Chi-Com copy one of those! Now the most recent Valk would make sense.

Mikd, what emissions BS, if any ,are on the X ?
There is a cat built into the stock exhaust, some have cut it out with acceptable results. While the cat does produce noticeable heat I'm not sure the hp increase is worth the effort of removing it.

Top Bottom Back Refresh