What's new

Knives and Blades - Show 'em

20220401_121452.jpg

I've had an urge to buy an automatic Buck 110 or 120 lately. Really can't decide if it's worth it, and can't really find a clear answer on the legality of it.

I've had an urge to buy an automatic Buck 110 or 120 lately. Really can't decide if it's worth it, and can't really find a clear answer on the legality of it.
VA laws look unfriendly. https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/virginia/

According to the link, it's fine to have at home, but not smart to carry around town. That was how TN was a few years ago when I bought my first couple of autos.

I have a care package in route from Blade HQ. Can't wait. I bought 3 new budget knives mostly just to get a sticker and a coin during their anniversary sale.

I'm kind of an idiot, if the above line wasn't clear enough for ya.

VA laws look unfriendly. https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/virginia/

According to the link, it's fine to have at home, but not smart to carry around town. That was how TN was a few years ago when I bought my first couple of autos.
Yeah, our new Governor just signed the bill to repeal switchblade laws ( goes in to effect July 1, 2022), but "concealment" is still an issue.

A pocket knife that I can't carry in my pocket doesn't make much sense to me.

I carry one of there whenever i'm going offroad

_DSC1850.jpg

The spidie and the leatherman are my EDC

_DSC1846.jpg

_DSC1848.jpg
Nice set of fixed blades. I’ve never heard of that Spanish blade before.

I’ve been looking to buy that same Victorinox multi set, I already have a decent Leatherman Juice, but I’d like to add the Victorinox to the small tool set I carry in the truck.

Very high quality, i love it. I think this is the SwissTool Spirit X if i remember correctly

the mini ratchet is very handy, has a bottle opener, scissors, wood saw, file, etc. Usual Victorinox stuff

I think this thread needs a bump. The 2 sheath knives are made by Master Bladesmith Scott McGhee of Guinea Hog Forge. The smaller one is actually a pocket knife and the sheath clips into my right front pocket pretty unobtrusively. The larger one is a great blade, but I don't carry it. It's more of a display piece. The handle on that knife is teak that was salvaged from the deck of the USS Battleship North Carolina during a renovation. The steel in the blade was also sourced from the battleship. The Swiss Army knife is what I carry all the time. I don't usually need a knife that often, but having a sharp pair of scissors and a Phillips head screwdriver is invaluable.

Attachments

• PXL_20230118_130044554.jpg
    PXL_20230118_130044554.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Buck 110
Found a 120 year commemorative tin at Wally World for $20!!!!!!
Right next to it was the regular 110 for $60.

Should of grabbed two

I have a Victorinox Adventurer and a Hunter Pro.

I also have a Leatherman Wave that was a gift that lives in my desk. While the pliers are nice, I am just not into gadgets and the blade material is poor.

The top one I wore on my belt working last year and was sorry it wasn't serrated but hey it was free to me. The bottom one was made by a friend from a railway spike, it's not very good. The 2nd last one is nice and only gets used for cheese. the 2nd from the top was a gift to the missus and is pretty nice but the handle is a touch big and the missus doesn't like it so it just sits there in the kitchen with the other ones.
IMG_6327-XL.jpg

Bought this traditional Finnish double knife with authentic belt from an auction, it will be 50y present for my friend. Its a bit hard to explain but they are both from area Pohjanmaa where they like to show of with knifes, guns and kind of things. A bit like a little Texas 😄 but maybe a bit more wicked twist.

This kind of knife fits to traditional outfit and tells about welthy house. And about attitude.

IMG_3092.jpeg

710.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh