What's new

Livewire S2 Mulholland

I think if an off shoot co called live fire had a horizontal 350cc with some hints of the old sprint...every one of the bikes would sell.
This is a perfect example of why Harley, or any other manufacturer, will never be able to make the perfect bike that everyone will buy.

In your heart you believe those bikes will sell like hotcakes and in my mind I can't imagine me ever wanting one 😁 Not shitting on your choice of motorcycle, but it shows how varied tastes are and everyone wants someone different.

He's either quite large or the bike is pretty small...

Looks quite small. Wasn't until that thumbnail that I noticed the mismatched rim sizes. 17 rear, 19 front 🙄whyyyyyyy?!

Tried to find the specs on Livewire's but there aren't any. Just a virtue signalling section about "sustainability". Hemp seat and recycled ocean plastics. Let's not discuss those conflict minerals in that battery, tho 😁

This is a perfect example of why Harley, or any other manufacturer, will never be able to make the perfect bike that everyone will buy.

In your heart you believe those bikes will sell like hotcakes and in my mind I can't imagine me ever wanting one 😁 Not shitting on your choice of motorcycle, but it shows how varied tastes are and everyone wants someone different.
It is based on honda horizontal sales and the fact the amerachi/Harley 350 was a great bike. With proven performance and sales. Vs sales flops of e motos.

Why would any one want an electric harley. Actually I have all the parts to build one except the motor and controller. I would take a range decrease and use lead acid. I have wanted an excuse to install a warp 9 motor in a vehicle. More likely a D&D series wound. Yup good old DC motors made in usa

Insurance companies are lurking on anything electric that is not lead acid. And lead is easy to recycle with over a 100 yrs of proven technology.

Looks quite small. Wasn't until that thumbnail that I noticed the mismatched rim sizes. 17 rear, 19 front 🙄whyyyyyyy?!

Tried to find the specs on Livewire's but there aren't any. Just a virtue signalling section about "sustainability". Hemp seat and recycled ocean plastics. Let's not discuss those conflict minerals in that battery, tho 😁

It is based on honda horizontal sales and the fact the amerachi/Harley 350 was a great bike. With proven performance and sales. Vs sales flops of e motos.

Why would any one want an electric harley. Actually I have all the parts to build one except the motor and controller. I would take a range decrease and use lead acid. I have wanted an excuse to install a warp 9 motor in a vehicle. More likely a D&D series wound. Yup good old DC motors made in usa

Insurance companies are lurking on anything electric that is not lead acid. And lead is easy to recycle with over a 100 yrs of proven technology.

Why would you want an electric Harley?

How much range do you need between Starbucks?

:hide

Why would you want an electric Harley?

How much range do you need between Starbucks?

:hide
Torque..enough range to do a few burnouts. 10 miles would do fine. Also a warp 9 rigid would be hilarious. Unfortunately the price has doubled on the motor. The cheaper d&d puts out 60 ft lbs.And the chassis parts are vast and affordable. Super customizable and easy to work on.

I like the original prototype better. What is the price. I guess about $15-20k. I would be well under 5k with no special parts and 90% us made parts.

A rigid can be quite lightweight. Li
Actually and electric Harley chopper makes sense. Same range.
LiFe would keep the weight down. And an off the shelf hub motor wheel would really keep things simple. But not as cool as chain drive mid motor. Been planning this for 2 decades. I have plenty of parts.

Torque..enough range to do a few burnouts. 10 miles would do fine. Also a warp 9 rigid would be hilarious. Unfortunately the price has doubled on the motor. The cheaper d&d puts out 60 ft lbs.And the chassis parts are vast and affordable. Super customizable and easy to work on.

I like the original prototype better. What is the price. I guess about $15-20k. I would be well under 5k with no special parts and 90% us made parts.
432 pounds ready to go for the Mulholland so a lot less than a sportster.

Electric motor = almost no maintenance (just tires and brake pads)

432 lbs is decent. That's on par with your standard full sized UJM

A rigid can be quite lightweight. Li
LiFe would keep the weight down. And an off the shelf hub motor wheel would really keep things simple. But not as cool as chain drive mid motor. Been planning this for 2 decades. I have plenty of parts.
You could make a really cool looking hard tail with the motor occupying the area the tranny does in an old Harley and the battery under a faux fuel tank.

You could make a really cool looking hard tail with the motor occupying the area the tranny does in an old Harley and the battery under a faux fuel tank.
Exactly my thought. Plus sealed batteries can be arranged in a v formation. There are plenty of builds over at www.evalbum.com. The best feature is the search engine. That part is incredible for motor type, battery brand..ect. Very cool.

I had a chance to sit on one and I may get a test ride next week. Bike needed to be put charged and entered in the dealer's system. It's a cool bike. I like the riding position a lot. The handlebar is more narrow that the one on the Del Mar.

GJYbySoXIAA14tg?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

So for fun I tried to purchase any live wire bike out right with cash. There was a $250 deposit and not a final price. Ha this is hilarious no otd with a deposit and no delivery date.. The site said available today...

Top Bottom Back Refresh