What's new

My First Colonoscopy

Woo-hoo I'm old!

Awwww, I'm sad now.

Anyway, glad I got cleared. The prep was no fun though. And the doc didn't even offer to buy me a drink. Fascist!
I'm really glad it worked out for ya.... my wife worked a med surg burn out floor for over 25 yrs. I cant erase the tails I mean tales of unfortunate bs I heard over dinner.

Woo-hoo I'm old!

Awwww, I'm sad now.

Anyway, glad I got cleared. The prep was no fun though. And the doc didn't even offer to buy me a drink. Fascist!
Good for you. Excellent result. Yeah, the prep isn't particularly pleasant but it's magnitudes easier than cancer treatments. I did FIT tests for years before I asked my doc for a colonoscopy to be doubly sure nothing was amiss. Other than a boot my dad lodged up there years ago after I hit a mailbox with his truck, the doc didn't find a thing.

I was told 5 years, they did find one small polyp and removed it. My mother passed in 2014 from metastasized breast cancer at 90, my father passed less than 2 years later at almost 88 from heart failure due to a (likely) tumor in one of his lungs but he was inoperable due to multiple stents in his chest (both smoked for well over 30 years before quitting in the mid to late '70s) so we have a history of cancer, more on my father's side.

Having my first one on the 27th of this month, ready to have it over with (mostly due to the prep).

My daughter had a crohn's flare some years ago and was set for a combo endoscopy and colonoscopy to look at both ends; the doc was a funny lady and suggested that we request they do the endo first :rofl

Yesterday was pretty much a non-event, scope went smoothly. Prep on Monday sucked but wasn't as bad as I anticipated either.

My daughter had a crohn's flare some years ago and was set for a combo endoscopy and colonoscopy to look at both ends; the doc was a funny lady and suggested that we request they do the endo first :rofl

I once told my FIL it was the same scope and told him to do the colonoscopy first, so at least he'd know whose rear it had been up last. The look on his face was priceless. He was a good guy, but easily spooked.

Its basically a bad night and a good morning and the doctors have great drugs

Top Bottom Back Refresh