What's new

My First Colonoscopy

I'm overdue for my first. Can't wait.
My first I was overdue. Maybe 54 years old. They found one big polyp and tested it, it had some cancer but none in the stalk. Had to come back a year later and nothing then three years and nothing. My chart still shows me as having had cancer although I’ve never been treated.

The prep is no big deal.
The procedure I slept through. Overall much better than a prostrate biopsy.

Good on you for doing the procedure. I have had 7 of them and the eighth is scheduled for end of July. I agree the prep is shitty, figuratively and literally, but my dad had colon cancer. He had to endure radiation, chemo, and also had the bag for the last 8 years of his life while still fighting other ramifications developed from the initial colon cancer. I can promise you that nothing is more humiliating than the torture he went thru for 8 years because he waited too long to get the colonoscopy. I happily go thru the process that cleanses the bowels every 3 - 5 years to avoid his fate. I do however agree it would be nice if they at least bought me a drink after the violation with the camera LOL!

Good on you for doing the procedure. I have had 7 of them and the eighth is scheduled for end of July. I agree the prep is shitty, figuratively and literally, but my dad had colon cancer. He had to endure radiation, chemo, and also had the bag for the last 8 years of his life while still fighting other ramifications developed from the initial colon cancer. I can promise you that nothing is more humiliating than the torture he went thru for 8 years because he waited too long to get the colonoscopy. I happily go thru the process that cleanses the bowels every 3 - 5 years to avoid his fate. I do however agree it would be nice if they at least bought me a drink after the violation with the camera LOL!
Thanks for the motivation. (Seriously)

200.gif

Indeed. Thanks TexasAggie. My doctor told me to get it done and I’ve been putting it off a little.

And I’m sorry about your dad.
Glad you guys are thinking of getting the procedure. Dad was my age when he was diagnosed, he passed 8 years later in 2005. Had he gotten the colonoscopy every 5 years starting at age 50, he would have never had to deal with full blown colon cancer. The pain and humiliation of the colostomy bag bursting/leaking on airplanes, in restaurants, etc. The humiliation of those situations was almost as bad as the pain he endured. NO Colonoscopy procedure is even close to what he went thru. I started at 41 years old and they found precancerous polyps first two times. They removed them during the process and I was eating normal dinner after light lunch same day. Never knew they did anything but it made me a believer in this process. I find making jokes about having a colonoscopy a good thing to get over the stigma. Whatever you do for preventive health, this one is easy and worth it.

I got dinner and the doctor keeps calling.

Had mine yesterday and all is well in the plumbing department.. Had to sleep off the propofol in the PM though. I take zero meds of any kind so whatever I do get works full bore on me...

Top Bottom Back Refresh