What's new

Oklahoma.....What ya got?

Nice ride, love the pictures.
However I have a couple of questions, first, is there a schedule for when the Qualls store/cafe is open? I've never been able to catch it open.
And I thought I heard that Bathtubs rocks road was closed?

Thanks Bill, it was a fun ride. Bathtub rocks, or deformed rocks as a nice lady we met on her dead end private driveway road called them :D is "closed" but the county road where the rocks are is open to public traffic. She told us whoever owns the actual property where the rocks are are not allowing people to access because of trash and graffiti. The road is open, no problem riding thru there.

Here is Jincys info. She got a new number. I tried her old number and it was disconnected so we took a chance.

20220403_115440.jpg

Got out for a little camping trip a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• PXL_20220326_140921860.jpg
    PXL_20220326_140921860.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20220327_160116318.jpg
    PXL_20220327_160116318.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20220326_185627496.jpg
    PXL_20220326_185627496.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
Here is fine I think. Not many people will see it though.

Reactions: MVI
Here is fine I think. Not many people will see it though.
Mine are nothing epic, just local day rides. Probably only interesting to riders who live here. I've probably written 100 of them. They're primarily picture reports. I usually post them on a private site, then occasionally on some of the public ones. Not often on the other ADV site though. For some reason, it jacks with the format and I have to do too much editing.

I went riding with this guy Sunday. He hauls ass. What’s your excuse?

2XQeGVR.jpg

We spent the day riding around Keystone Lake and Skiatook Lake in northeastern Oklahoma looking for interesting things. We found a few.

We rode through several miles of the wildlife management area to get to this abandoned railroad bridge. We saw hundreds of deer. It was a poacher’s paradise.

nniYnFs.jpg

A weird chapel next to a mostly forgotten cemetery. It looked to be tribal.

ulnTyWd.jpg

MQiBPeC.jpg

The bluffs at Bull Creek Peninsula on Skiatook Lake.

9iIdhS0.jpg

B8QVqR4.jpg

j5KBFut.jpg

We followed a few of the lease roads that were open.

siHvoim.jpg

eDN2EzY.jpg

But we were thwarted by a locked gate on this powerline maintenance road.

bl33pQZ.jpg

No one was around, so we decided to ride up the hiking trail to the first bridge.

9KCvglc.jpg

We didn’t ride across because about a 35' section of the ties were missing.

DyBCbOl.jpg

fRHnbic.jpg

AM5FsvE.jpg

He got tangled up in the vines and I had to help him out.

jeRGkaH.jpg

I had no such problems.

BARVlNH.jpg

We ended the ride by short-cutting through the woods to where the highway ran before the lake was built- still in better condition than some of our city streets.

J6tIRIR.jpg

5h6i6vf.jpg

TlioNkC.jpg

It was a good day.

I went riding with this guy Sunday. He hauls ass. What’s your excuse?

2XQeGVR.jpg

We spent the day riding around Keystone Lake and Skiatook Lake in northeastern Oklahoma looking for interesting things. We found a few.

We rode through several miles of the wildlife management area to get to this abandoned railroad bridge. We saw hundreds of deer. It was a poacher’s paradise.

nniYnFs.jpg

A weird chapel next to a mostly forgotten cemetery. It looked to be tribal.

ulnTyWd.jpg

MQiBPeC.jpg

The bluffs at Bull Creek Peninsula on Skiatook Lake.

9iIdhS0.jpg

B8QVqR4.jpg

j5KBFut.jpg

We followed a few of the lease roads that were open.

siHvoim.jpg

eDN2EzY.jpg

But we were thwarted by a locked gate on this powerline maintenance road.

bl33pQZ.jpg

No one was around, so we decided to ride up the hiking trail to the first bridge.

9KCvglc.jpg

We didn’t ride across because about a 35' section of the ties were missing.

DyBCbOl.jpg

fRHnbic.jpg

AM5FsvE.jpg

He got tangled up in the vines and I had to help him out.

jeRGkaH.jpg

I had no such problems.

BARVlNH.jpg

We ended the ride by short-cutting through the woods to where the highway ran before the lake was built- still in better condition than some of our city streets.

J6tIRIR.jpg

5h6i6vf.jpg

TlioNkC.jpg

It was a good day.
Looks like an epic day !

Anyone know why we're limited to 20 pics per post here? I have a nice but long ride report that it won't let me post. I even split it into two parts and it's still too big.

Reactions: 007
It won't even let me post it in the official ride report section.

Ride reports in this thread or make a new one?
I would consider starting a thread in ride reports because i think you are wrong about the idea that only riders from Oklahoma would be interested. Maybe start a thread titled "Oklahoma Rides" in ride reports and then everyone from OK posts in that thread.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 007
I've been riding to work nearly everyday the last few weeks because of the gas prices. Forecast of 100°+ all this week. I think I'll be back in the truck.

cPXZOyu.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh