What's new

Other Beemers

What else do you have?

'99 R1100 S
IMG_6120-XL.jpg

I have a soft spot for the S's. I may sell the GS some day and get an S for the road and a 250 for trails.

I would do a K12 or 1300S for sure. I test rode one once but I've never really ridden any K bikes.

I rented a K12S for my first European trip, back in 2005.

europe 049.jpeg

Very fast, reasonably comfortable. Never really got on with the front end, the Duolever always felt kinda vague to me, even compared to the Telelever on the GS, which I also got to ride on that trip.

Ultimately, it was the wrong tool for the job at hand. The Alps are just too tight to let it stretch its legs; you're almost always in first gear on roads like this.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 11.45.36 AM.png

If you live/ride someplace more open, well then, Bob's yer uncle... ;). It's a missile.

I am the proud owner of a K1100LT. I had the K1100RS, but as I aged I didn't find the riding position to be good for me. I would come back from rides and need to recover, that was no good. So I sold the RS and found the LT less than a quarter mile away from me. Nice older gentleman that was getting out of riding totally.
KLTmill.jpg

I have done a bunch of little jobs, I installed LED lights in the front, upgraded the headlight to LED and put in a complete LED kit in the instruments and gauges. It has been named "Shadowfax" it is a Lord of the Rings reference. Gandolf's horse, the "Lord of Horses". I have removed the stereo and use a Bluetooth headset for the GPS and music. Love it. Only have 67K and runs fantastic.

Top Bottom Back Refresh