What's new

Patriotic Pictures

My '97 KTM RXC 620 needed a seat and some cosmetic work...

20210401_142825.jpg
20210401_142840.jpg
IMG_2751.JPG

IMG_1516.jpeg
IMG_1558.jpeg

Rode with the patriot guard in Texas for a while.
Cousin of mine, who is like a twin to me, is being placed in hospice tomorrow. He's on the end stages of cancer. Cancer that was caused from exposure to burn pits in Iraq. He's an Army veteran and is only 39 years of age. He's fought a valiant battle against the disease. A year ago it looked like he was going to go. I flew home-home (Scottsdale, AZ) to see him one last time. It was sad to say the least. I spoke to him two nights ago. It appears he has accepted his fate. I worry about his daughters. I hope his ex-wife raises their children right and they don't become like her.

All that for a war that was started on bullshit pretenses. The architects of it won't be held accountable in this life but certainly will in the thereafter. That is the accountability and responsibility they cannot escape from.

Cousin of mine, who is like a twin to me, is being placed in hospice tomorrow. He's on the end stages of cancer. Cancer that was caused from exposure to burn pits in Iraq. He's an Army veteran and is only 39 years of age. He's fought a valiant battle against the disease. A year ago it looked like he was going to go. I flew home-home (Scottsdale, AZ) to see him one last time. It was sad to say the least. I spoke to him two nights ago. It appears he has accepted his fate. I worry about his daughters. I hope his ex-wife raises their children right and they don't become like her.

All that for a war that was started on bullshit pretenses. The architects of it won't be held accountable in this life but certainly will in the thereafter. That is the accountability and responsibility they cannot escape from.
I'm really sorry to hear that, SB. :(:

So sad to hear. May your cousin experience the least amount of physical pain possible as he heads to the halls of Valhalla… I am on the burn pit registry as I was exposed during my 20 year career. I “developed” asthma at 35.

I'm really sorry to hear that, SB. :(:
A shitty situation all around. He's the cousin I'm the closest to in age and overall bond. He was always the better one.
So sad to hear. May your cousin experience the least amount of physical pain possible as he heads to the halls of Valhalla… I am on the burn pit registry as I was exposed during my 20 year career. I “developed” asthma at 35.
Thanks. I suppose that is all we can do now. And, for those reading this. If you have a persistent pain that painkillers can't tackle, go get it checked! My cousin was complaining about a persistent cramp for over a month and only decided to get checked out once he realized he was losing weight even though he was still hitting the gym and eating full meals. The VA immediately threw in the towel once the diagnoses was cancer. Mayo Clinic took care of him better than the shitty ass VA ever could. VA "care" is garbage and any politician who spouts off about making the VA better is simply blowing hot air for votes. Nothing useful is ever done about it.

I, too, qualify for VA care but choose not to since I don't want to subject myself to their bullshit.

A shitty situation all around. He's the cousin I'm the closest to in age and overall bond. He was always the better one.

Thanks. I suppose that is all we can do now. And, for those reading this. If you have a persistent pain that painkillers can't tackle, go get it checked! My cousin was complaining about a persistent cramp for over a month and only decided to get checked out once he realized he was losing weight even though he was still hitting the gym and eating full meals. The VA immediately threw in the towel once the diagnoses was cancer. Mayo Clinic took care of him better than the shitty ass VA ever could. VA "care" is garbage and any politician who spouts off about making the VA better is simply blowing hot air for votes. Nothing useful is ever done about it.

I, too, qualify for VA care but choose not to since I don't want to subject myself to their bullshit.
Again, I’m really sorry to hear all that. I really hope everything works out the best in can for everyone affected by this.

It’s a real tragedy that our country can’t take better care of those who take care of us.

I often hear of VA experiences that are completely opposite. I (and some friends) have had nothing but good experience with the VA while other friends have had terrible ones. I feel bad about it…I use the VA instead of Tricare because it’s easier where I live…

I often hear of VA experiences that are completely opposite. I (and some friends) have had nothing but good experience with the VA while other friends have had terrible ones. I feel bad about it…I use the VA instead of Tricare because it’s easier where I live…
I wish my cousin's was on the positive side. Mayo Clinic, however, is the MVP in keeping him alive for 2.5yrs. Even John McCain went through the Mayo Clinic for all his needs.

I have a chance to see him one last time. He was an M1 Abrams guy during OIF and Make A Wish is making a final wish come true by having him at Fort Moore for tank gunnery shooting. He asked me to come along. I'd love to see him geeking out in his old element. He loves the Abrams tank. We all do but he does in a way non-tankers just don't understand, and that is fine with me. He's also down with having PGR attend his service in when that time comes.

Weather depending, I'll make the drive if weather doesn't appear to be in cooperation. Gut feeling will also play a part in the final 24hrs prior to departure. If everything checks out, I'm gonna make the 14 to 16hr ride. Iron Butt Challenge accepted and on standby! :super:thumb

Last edited:
My cousin's final wish. Weather won't cooperate so a drive will be made instead of a long ride. The trip will be bittersweet. I'm absolutely honored JJ asked me to come along for it. Gonna make the most of it and take as many pictures as I can.

I’m really sorry about your cousin. :waysad

Thanks for sharing that. That was an amazing but tough read. I must’ve gotten some dust in my eyes by the end.

Your cousin sounds like an incredible person. Even through his last time here he’s making a difference in people’s lives. He’s a true American patriot and the kind of man we need more of in our country.

That’s great that you get to go with him. Enjoy your time and stay strong man.

These men would be proud of him, that’s for sure!
200.gif

My cousin's final wish. Weather won't cooperate so a drive will be made instead of a long ride. The trip will be bittersweet. I'm absolutely honored JJ asked me to come along for it. Gonna make the most of it and take as many pictures as I can.
As a non-combat VET I can't really compare my experiences to your cousin, but I do understand the comradery that the military life brings. Prayers for your cousin that he lives every last moment to the fullest, and passes with minimal pain amongst his family!

I’m really sorry about your cousin. :waysad

Thanks for sharing that. That was an amazing but tough read. I must’ve gotten some dust in my eyes by the end.

Your cousin sounds like an incredible person. Even through his last time here he’s making a difference in people’s lives. He’s a true American patriot and the kind of man we need more of in our country.

That’s great that you get to go with him. Enjoy your time and stay strong man.

These men would be proud of him, that’s for sure!
200.gif
Notification.jpg
KIA.jpg
JB KIA.jpg
JB and Great-Grandma.jpg

Thanks, DJ and JVB. Great-Uncle JB was at Iwo Jima but obviously didn't survive the ordeal. During his time serving, he'd send 10 to 20 dollars a month to his mother so she could get by. When he was killed, it sent a huge shockwave through the family. Uncle JB's legend will live on throughout the generations. So will JJ's. I'm looking forward to this trip even though it'll be extremely bittersweet. Any chance I get to see JJ, I'll take it despite having absolutely no PTO or sick days left.

A true American hero right there.

I have the death notice from my grandpa's brother. My grandpa told me the story on one occasion. It was one of only two times I ever saw my grandpa tear up. I'm lucky enough to have that notice in my possession. I should digitize it to have a back up copy. My vague recollection from what my grandpa told me was that he was stationed somewhere in Europe and was killed by a Nazi bombing run before he ever saw combat.

Top Bottom Back Refresh