What's new

Patriotic Pictures

Just got back from my trip. I'm glad I chose not to ride. First 200mi were a mix of dense fog, heavy rain, stupid drivers, and sometimes a mix of all those at one time. JJ is now famous throughout all of the branches. What he did made a huge splash. All of the local news outlets in Columbus, GA were there. Numerous military-centric media outlets were also in attendance. A special "no thanks" goes to the 1AD for dropping the ball originally, getting called out for it, and trying to save face by saying JJ was lying. Massive kudos to the personnel at Ft. Moore for making all of this a reality. JJ is the trailblazer for many others to follow. I bet many former door gunners are looking forward to their day at it again. Major league BIG UPs to retired Sgt. Maj. Mike Lavigne for being the one who got the ball rolling real fast. :thumb

Task & Purpose article on my cousin. Do a search on him and you'll see plenty of articles that came out within the last 18 hours.

These are the pics that were taken on Monday. Tuesday is when we all felt and heard those booms. :super

The masking was done not for Covid protocols. It was done to protect JJ from the shit new recruits bring from all walks of life. I remember being in BMT and being sick for most of the time. I ended up with a superhuman immune system after that period in my life.
Getting ready for the sim.jpg
Getting it.jpg
Abrams Sim.jpg
Killing computer targets.jpg
In it.jpg
Speaking to Black Phase.jpg

Last edited:
:clap:clap

That is fantastic. Thanks for sharing all of this with us. JJ is an amazing person. 👍

Wow...

I love this interview with his parents.

His mom: "I wasn't sure he'd ever be able to get up on his own but in the Army he learned how to get up on time" :lol2 :-)

My aunt and uncle. Jay Sr. is my dad's oldest brother. I must've been using the latrine while the interview was happening. I don't remember seeing it take place. But so much happened on Monday and Tuesday I'm sure there'll be things I see I don't remember happening at that moment.

Because I forgot to mention it. JJ hit 9 out of 9 on the live fire range and even sparked a grass fire from the tracer rounds out of the coaxial gun. Seems to happen a lot out there. They have systems in place to put those fires out real fast.

Last edited:
My aunt and uncle. Jay Sr. is my dad's oldest brother. I must've been using the latrine while the interview was happening. I don't remember seeing it take place. But so much happened on Monday and Tuesday I'm sure there'll be things I see I don't remember happening at that moment.

Because I forgot to mention it. JJ hit 9 out of 9 on the live fire range and even sparked a grass fire from the tracer rounds out of the coaxial gun. Seems to happen a lot out there. They have systems in place to put those fires out real fast.
That's great. In JJ's interview he was proud to say that he hit all of his targets. 👍 You have an amazing family SB!

That's great. In JJ's interview he was proud to say that he hit all of his targets. 👍 You have an amazing family SB!
Thanks. JJ and his folks are one of a kind. I'm gonna miss him. It was hard not getting choked up during the entire trip. He's going skydiving this weekend for his 40th b-day. I can't go due to work obligations. I have yet to upload the pics I took while at Fort Moore. Mike Lavigne has yet to upload the ones from Tuesday while JJ was letting live rounds rip downrange.

Yeah I’m sure you are going to miss him. I’m sorry for that. I know it’s not a lot of consolation but he’s leaving behind a bigger legacy than 99% of the people in this world. 👍

There’s some pictures of the live fire in the articles.

For anyone looking for the rest of Soggy Biscuit story about going to Fort Moore you can find it here:

Last edited:
This were it ended at 1944.. old Finland.
Kis Kis hills traded owner during the battle many times.

1703581085622.jpeg

1703581185759.jpeg

Germans leftovers

1703581425385.jpeg
Very interesting pics! I’ve never thought much about what it would be like to ride around in Europe since it’s unlikely that I’ll ever have the chance but, man, the history would be amazing.

Another neat site within 15mins of where I live. This site is where the British made a surprise night-time attack just 9 days after Washington suffered a defeat at Brandywine. General Anthony Wayne made a serious tactical error by thinking the British had no idea Rebel forces were camped out in near Malvern. 50-something rebels were killed by bayonet and over 100 others captured. Rebel forces got their retribution on a later date when they stormed the ramparts of Stony Point, NY.
Paoli Massacre Site.jpg
Paoli Massacre Site II.jpg

I went there hoping for better lighting. This is what I had to work with. Why is a piece of steel patriotic? This is was taken a couple hours ago at Lukens Steel in Coatesville, PA. There is a very storied history within that company. Its steel was used in the Manhattan Project, aircraft carriers, submarines, and steel trees that ended up in the first 9 floors of the original WTC. That is a piece of one of the trees from one of the towers. There is also a memorial onsite for all the steelworkers.
Lukens.jpg

Another neat site within 15mins of where I live. This site is where the British made a surprise night-time attack just 9 days after Washington suffered a defeat at Brandywine. General Anthony Wayne made a serious tactical error by thinking the British had no idea Rebel forces were camped out in near Malvern. 50-something rebels were killed by bayonet and over 100 others captured. Rebel forces got their retribution on a later date when they stormed the ramparts of Stony Point, NY.
Paoli Massacre Site.jpg
Paoli Massacre Site II.jpg
Very cool historic posts. 👍🏻

I spent a bit last night reading about that massacre.

Top Bottom Back Refresh