What's new

People You Have Put On Ignore

............... He's a fucking goof. Tries too hard to be the best pal of whomever has a good long thread, such as the flake that re-lived the Hank Snow tune. Always insinuating himself into other folks posts.

Spot on, thanks for posting!

I should have never participated in this thread. Now I feel dirty. :lol3

1645232406006.png

I find that no response is the best response, and if utilizing Ignore helps, so be it.

Any response let's them know you're paying attention, and only fuels whatever's going on. That includes veiled allusions to what they've said, since that's another obvious way of continuing the kerfuffle. Why waste any more time on it?
This. :deal

I put two types of members on ignore. The first is one whose posts are intentionally obnoxious and/or downright mean spirited. The second is one whom we've all encountered in life specifically while in school/college/university. That type is the one who always has their hand raised to answer the teacher whilst trying to come across as the fount of wisdom by answering most if not all posts. There's a distinct line between offering an opinion and being an expert. When it comes to responding to an OP's inquiry, it's quite alright to post about your own experience. It's another thing to respond as if your statement is THE official last word on the issue.

There's one such member at the other site who lurks on the GS forum. He has a heavy "wrist."

Other than that, I tend to scroll past camping and chute lube threads.
:shog

Ditto the above. Guys like JVB might make some smart ass comments sometimes that rub someone the wrong way, but the overall signal to noise ratio is so positive that I overlook it.

Now on the other site I like some of the drone footage one guy does, but his orange Kool aid gets annoying cause no one is allowed a dissenting opinion about orange reliability and superiority.

The other thing that drives me insane (and should not) is the bozos that insist on "signing" every one of their posts. The worst part about that is the ones that sign with their fakes names. We ken who you are. It is listed with your post.

And you are signing with a nickname you gave yourself?!?!

14 years on the other forum and I only remember putting one inmate on ignore. He was a troll so tedious that he was soon banned. No one likes a troll and my experience is that they eventually disappear.

So far no one here.

Is it possible to put an entire thread on Ignore? Asking for a friend

Kidding, I don't have any friends

Get off my lawn!!
On "The Other Place", just put on ignore the person who started the thread. That is the only way I know of to put a thread on ignore (hide it).

I‘ve never used the ignore function. I’m fascinated by people’s behavior and can’t look away. The know it all that can’t help but inject the same opinions no matter the thread topic can be tedious. The keyboard warriors overcompensating for leading rather pathetic real lives provide endless predictable amusement. (Psst, everyone knows, but you)
If I post it, I’ll say it to a total stranger.*

*I will never run for public office and am probably inappropriate around total strangers.

Top Bottom Back Refresh