What's new

(Planning) MD/Eastern PA in Jan

Just got home from Gettysburg. Most of my cold weather layers worked out. My feet, however, felt like ice cubes by the time I was going through New Oxford. Upon setting the kickstand down and getting my right leg over, I almost fell down since I had no feeling in my toes.

Gettysburg definitely has a 'feeling' in the air around it. Will make a return trip in the spring or summer time and do a bicycle tour. I did the Battlefield Bus Tour and rode to a few sites after it was over.
PA Monument.jpg

Just got home from Gettysburg. Most of my cold weather layers worked out. My feet, however, felt like ice cubes by the time I was going through New Oxford. Upon setting the kickstand down and getting my right leg over, I almost fell down since I had no feeling in my toes.

Gettysburg definitely has a 'feeling' in the air around it. Will make a return trip in the spring or summer time and do a bicycle tour. I did the Battlefield Bus Tour and rode to a few sites after it was over.
PA Monument.jpg
Nice work. You’ll remember that ride! :thumb

Fun! How’s the weather looking? Hopefully you don’t freeze again! 🥶

Forecast states a high of 74º with a low of 50. Monday is supposed to be 66 with a low of 53. Both days are supposed to be mostly sunny.

Unfortunately I am flying to Salt Lake City on Monday for the week. I may go see Kindig It Designs again. Very cool to meet Dave and Kevin.

Survived the ride into and out of the DC beltway. Washington's estate is a beauty. That view of the Potomac River from the rear of the mansion is something else! My ass is sore and I need to do some walking.
:thumb

How long did that take you?

Alexandria, VA.

Training my ass for Iron Butt 2024 to Daytona Bike Week.
Really! I lived in Daytona right behind Uno pizza across from the track. We use to race I mean scenic ride to the cabbage patch from international at midnight. Tomoka state park was my favorite for late night..until a solo ride at 2am..I think I witnessed a body being dumped. My sumo was down to 25mph with non moving head lights in the distance. Then past triple digits getting the heck out out of there as the car turned around.

Maybe you should organize a ride to Daytona! We can hit up the south turn for wings and find Diode Man if he is still alive. He rode a turbo kz back in the day!...2005

Back when a sv1000 turned 135hp at the back tire on a super flow dynamometer for race weekend! The Harley guys were creaming themselves at 90° bliss. Same year I basically stood next to the Tuttles and...Arlen Ness. The spider bike hadn't even hit TV. I was poking my bud...dude it is Arlen Ness...yes I have the 57 Chevy bike in the bubble pack...and most occ bikes. Daytona rocks....but if ya wanna raise helll do it on a black sportster and not a yellow sumo

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh