What's new

Post whatever picture you want.

20190525_114214.jpg
20190526_143721.jpg
20190526_151549.jpg
Sequoia and Kings Canyon NP

Gorgeous weather here today (47 degrees and sunny), so my wife got busy on the tractor. She has really been bonding with it lately! She's been on a mission to clear the blackberries off the trail between the house and the upper field. She has probably cleared half an acre of nasty vines, scrub brush, etc, using hedge trimmers, chain saw, weed wacker and the tractor.

That chipper has probably chipped up at least 5 heaping pickup truck loads of mulch since she started this project, and probably 3 times much before that over the couple of years we've owned it. We got it used, so I don't know how much use it had before that. It is starting to get a little bit dull, going to have to figure out how to sharpen it, and also may need to rebuild the clutch on it (assuming they are rebuildable). It is squealing quite a bit when you first engage it.

20230102_160514.jpg

Gorgeous weather here today (47 degrees and sunny), so my wife got busy on the tractor. She has really been bonding with it lately! She's been on a mission to clear the blackberries off the trail between the house and the upper field. She has probably cleared half an acre of nasty vines, scrub brush, etc, using hedge trimmers, chain saw, weed wacker and the tractor.

That chipper has probably chipped up at least 5 heaping pickup truck loads of mulch since she started this project, and probably 3 times much before that over the couple of years we've owned it. We got it used, so I don't know how much use it had before that. It is starting to get a little bit dull, going to have to figure out how to sharpen it, and also may need to rebuild the clutch on it (assuming they are rebuildable). It is squealing quite a bit when you first engage it.
I use a lot of PTO equipment on a tractor. Hay baler, hay cutter , bush hog , ect. All of the clutches on these are on the equipment end of the driveshaft. I would expect the clutch on the chipper to be the same style.
They can be adjusted by tightening the bolts, sometimes taking out shims or washers. When you look at it it should be pretty straight forward.

Thanks! I did figure out that the knives are reversible, and the hammers can be sharpened. Good to know that the clutch should be straightforward.

Hoping to have time this weekend to tear into it...

Top Bottom Back Refresh