What's new

Rant About Your Day Here!

I'm not sure what that means. :lol2

Translation: Your dentist would look up to Doc Adams.

Is that you on the left?

1713499026484.png

Barely.

I'm not sure what the company name was but they are basically a no name. The shipper is responsible for the freight. Shortly before my original rant about the drivers is when they switched to these random carriers through some sort of bidding system. I'm not sure if it's been the same company but it's been a different driver every time.

I gotta say though that the shipments get here in far better shape than tEstes or Saia would manage.

After we were done I saw the guy walking to the dumpster with two empty jugs of oil so I went and snapped a quick pic under the hood. I wouldn't doubt if he gets a surprise next time he hits the washer fluid switch. :lol3
2024-04-18 11.33.14s.jpg

I mean the guy seriously couldn't operate a pallet jack. He was pumping the little lever expecting it to lift the pallet! :imaposer🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
pallet-jack-02a.jpg
What type of flip-flops was he wearing, and did his truck have his country's flag hanging from the upper part of the windshield? Probably some Chicagoland based carrier. They're primarily East Bloc owned firms.

With that said, Estes and Saia hire out of the moron pool. Had a recruiter at Saia tell me I'm overqualified. Estes copped an attitude with me when I told them OT after 55hrs is downright criminal. OT exemption is for Ag haulers. They don't haul anything Agricultural and are misusing that exemption for their personal benefit. The drivers are to blame due to either being willfully ignorant or just going along because they're too scared to man the fuck up and say something.

What's life as a hazmat driver like?
Over regulated, underpaid, constant worry of DOT wrecking the day at a weigh station or random stop along the roadway, being on high alert for anything, having to sometimes gear up for loading and unloading of stuff, sometimes having to wear a gas mask and rubber one piece for certain types of toxic gases, and adhering to the strict hazmat routes in and around towns as well as certain freeways. Most bulk hazardous materials aren't allowed through the PA Turnpike tunnels unless the company has an exemption for some reason. Some non-bulk haz aren't allowed either due to their chemical nature. No hazmat placarded vehicles are to go through the tunnels in Baltimore. Poison inhalants are always placarded no matter the amount and aren't to be loaded with flammables, corrosives, and some other stuff in the trailer I can't remember off the top of my head.

There was a time hazmat paid pretty well. It doesn't anymore since pretty much everybody has the endorsement these days. Fuel haulers used to pay $2,500 a week. It's not uncommon to hear how "great" the pay is when they say their top drivers earn that amount in a bi-weekly basis. I often ask how long those top earners have been there and how long is the typical work week. Those two things are questions recruiters never want to answer. I ask the drivers whenever I come across them, whether it be Sunoco, Coraluzzo-Torrissi, or BRT. 60+ hours a week and about $2,500, gross, on a bi-weekly basis. That's terrible pay for what they're dealing with! I make half that in 45hrs a week, as a contract driver within FedEx Ground, hauling doubles. Why risk my life when I can do something more simple and have more free time to myself?

What type of flip-flops was he wearing, and did his truck have his country's flag hanging from the upper part of the windshield? Probably some Chicagoland based carrier. They're primarily East Bloc owned firms.

With that said, Estes and Saia hire out of the moron pool. Had a recruiter at Saia tell me I'm overqualified. Estes copped an attitude with me when I told them OT after 55hrs is downright criminal. OT exemption is for Ag haulers. They don't haul anything Agricultural and are misusing that exemption for their personal benefit. The drivers are to blame due to either being willfully ignorant or just going along because they're too scared to man the fuck up and say something.
If I had to guess I’d say that his cousin could be the prince whose money is being held captive and will reward you generously if you just front him the transfer fees.

Our regular drivers from Estes and Saia seemed more old school. I got to know some of the guys over the years. The damage wasn't their fault. I think it was because those services transfer the shipments through multiple depots. It was almost always fork intrusion damage. We're in a decent area so I'd guess these guys have a little seniority over the fresh crop of morons. I'm sure it won't be long before they are gone and we'll get the morons. At least they'll be the senior morons. :lol2

My sister is a driver. She got started doing OTR for a bigger company and at some point they dispatched her to one of their offices a couple of states away from wherever she was. When she got there they fired her. She had to ride the bus home with her belongings and mini-microwave.

Over regulated, underpaid, constant worry of DOT wrecking the day at a weigh station or random stop along the roadway, being on high alert for anything, having to sometimes gear up for loading and unloading of stuff, sometimes having to wear a gas mask and rubber one piece for certain types of toxic gases, and adhering to the strict hazmat routes in and around towns as well as certain freeways. Most bulk hazardous materials aren't allowed through the PA Turnpike tunnels unless the company has an exemption for some reason. Some non-bulk haz aren't allowed either due to their chemical nature. No hazmat placarded vehicles are to go through the tunnels in Baltimore. Poison inhalants are always placarded no matter the amount and aren't to be loaded with flammables, corrosives, and some other stuff in the trailer I can't remember off the top of my head.

There was a time hazmat paid pretty well. It doesn't anymore since pretty much everybody has the endorsement these days. Fuel haulers used to pay $2,500 a week. It's not uncommon to hear how "great" the pay is when they say their top drivers earn that amount in a bi-weekly basis. I often ask how long those top earners have been there and how long is the typical work week. Those two things are questions recruiters never want to answer. I ask the drivers whenever I come across them, whether it be Sunoco, Coraluzzo-Torrissi, or BRT. 60+ hours a week and about $2,500, gross, on a bi-weekly basis. That's terrible pay for what they're dealing with! I make half that in 45hrs a week, as a contract driver within FedEx Ground, hauling doubles. Why risk my life when I can do something more simple and have more free time to myself?
That seems like it would royally suck to haul dangerous stuff for a shit company who doesn't want to support you.

How far do you have to take those doubles? Is it always the same route?

That seems like it would royally suck to haul dangerous stuff for a shit company who doesn't want to support you.

How far do you have to take those doubles? Is it always the same route?
308mi round-trip. Same hub 5 nights a week right back to my domicile. I'll take the predictability over having no clue where I'm going next for the rest of the shift. The older Saia and Estes drivers are few and far between anymore. They're on their way out with the changes in upper management. Old Dominion had a fairly recent shakeup in the C-suite and things have been going downhill since.

You should have your sister on here and have her rant about her day and the Doom Day in particular. Is she single? :bmwrider
:lol3

Classy move. Smart, too.

Sounds like a day worthy of a rant.
What my sister?

Yeah, I'm sure she gave them plenty of things to rant about. Done correctly it could possibly make the NYT Best Sellers list under the category of "Harangue Novellas".

308mi round-trip. Same hub 5 nights a week right back to my domicile. I'll take the predictability over having no clue where I'm going next for the rest of the shift.
I don't know shit about driving but that sounds like the job I'd take. I'm guessing the big corporations have their drawbacks like any company but they are probably at least a little more professional than Ladislav who works out of a closet in Chitown with his second cousin's FMCSA registration.

You should have your sister on here and have her rant about her day and the Doom Day in particular. Is she single?
What have I ever done to make you think I hate you?

If I released her on this forum she'd lumber along in a scary yet graceful manner not unlike a tornado. Some would just be in awe, like a deer in headlights, they'd be the first to fall. The low hanging fruit... RIP. At least they wouldn't suffer long.

The biggest difference between my sister and tornadoes is that sometimes people are grateful to have escaped the powerful cyclonic storm. My sister is extremely thorough... no one is spared.

The smart ones would run and hide but it's like running from a sniper in the desert; you'll only be tired at the end. She can smell happiness like a shark can smell blood. Only from farther away. She ain't scared to go down with the happiness ship either. If she catches a whiff of happiness she'll fly her kamikaze crazy plane directly into it without hesitation sinking any hopes, dreams, joy, happiness, enjoyment, etc. straight to the bottom. She can't be bargained with. She can't be reasoned with. She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And she absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are miserable!

I ❤️hot moms.
Then you definitely wouldn't like my sister!

If I actually wrote all of my sister rants on single lined 8 1/2x11" 20lb paper and stacked them in the deepest part of the Grand Canyon I could actually write the final pages while seated on the ledge.

I started off half joking here but now I'm actually getting a little triggered. She caused more problems this week.

Just when I'm starting to get over the last event she comes out of hiding...
tenor.gif

I don't know shit about driving but that sounds like the job I'd take. I'm guessing the big corporations have their drawbacks like any company but they are probably at least a little more professional than Ladislav who works out of a closet in Chitown with his second cousin's FMCSA registration.

If I released her on this forum she'd lumber along in a scary yet graceful manner not unlike a tornado. Some would just be in awe, like a deer in headlights, they'd be the first to fall. The low hanging fruit... RIP. At least they wouldn't suffer long.

The biggest difference between my sister and tornadoes is that sometimes people are grateful to have escaped the powerful cyclonic storm. My sister is extremely thorough... no one is spared.

The smart ones would run and hide but it's like running from a sniper in the desert; you'll only be tired at the end. She can smell happiness like a shark can smell blood. Only from farther away. She ain't scared to go down with the happiness ship either. If she catches a whiff of happiness she'll fly her kamikaze crazy plane directly into it without hesitation sinking any hopes, dreams, joy, happiness, enjoyment, etc. straight to the bottom. She can't be bargained with. She can't be reasoned with. She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And she absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are miserable!
Wow, she sounds like a keeper! Hahahahahah!

I'm completely turned on now. And confused.

I think I'm married to your sister.

I'm completely turned on now. And confused.
:imaposer :imaposer
Trust me, you wouldn't be turned on if you saw her. Just confused.

I think I'm married to your sister.
No chance. You're still married. She'd have destroyed that and you long ago.

I'd bet my KLX that your wife is like Mother Teresa compared to my sister.

Top Bottom Back Refresh