What's new

Rant About Your Day Here!

I going to start filling out quote forms for every dealer I can find in 500 miles. Then make a spread sheet of how many days for a response. And whether or not it is otd and the markup vs msrp as a percentage.....about easier to do than getting an otd over the phone.

Thing is in 3 days I will change my mind on what bike I want anyways.

Motorcycle salespeople who don't know what they're selling.
I enjoyed the salesman when I bought my FZ07. He came over where I was checking out bikes and asked to help me. Told him I wanted to buy a FZ07. He punched around on the screen of his phone then apologized because they didn't have any in stock.

"I'm sitting on one, and there's one on each side of me." 😁

Kinda felt bad that he was embarrassed. It'd be hard to remember every model, but what else would you do all day? He gave me the keys for a test ride so it was all good. Nearly impossible to get test rides around here. Brought cash to buy a DRZ400 one day and told them I wanted to buy it now, but let me ride it first. All they would let me do was hookup up the battery so I could play with the switches and blink the lights. Whut? 😅

I enjoyed the salesman when I bought my FZ07. He came over where I was checking out bikes and asked to help me. Told him I wanted to buy a FZ07. He punched around on the screen of his phone then apologized because they didn't have any in stock.

"I'm sitting on one, and there's one on each side of me." 😁

Kinda felt bad that he was embarrassed. It'd be hard to remember every model, but what else would you do all day? He gave me the keys for a test ride so it was all good. Nearly impossible to get test rides around here. Brought cash to buy a DRZ400 one day and told them I wanted to buy it now, but let me ride it first. All they would let me do was hookup up the battery so I could play with the switches and blink the lights. Whut? 😅
Funny and true...but a dr zee only needs an insane patient with patience. It needs the 60hp upkit to smash everything anyways. Stock is bad enough with the top end speed!!! I had mine on the interstate more than backroads!

I'm whooped. Too many projects, too many things need fixing. Direct result of me putting too much on my own plate.

Starting to realize that what I need is a husband.

Today was a good day. Bought a new breaker bar with more girth. Got those overtightened and green Loctited front caliper mounting bolts out and brakes replaced. Cleaned off Loctite because previous owner is a moron, lubed the bolts, and even flushed the old brake fluid from front and rear brakes. Now I'm going to bake some red chilli pepper infused pizza dough I mixed a few nights ago and get that going in the oven. I'm hungry!

Need I say more?

i-LLpLSrB-X2.jpg

It was easier to just back track and take a different road.

I'm extra cautious when riding alone in the middle of nowhere.

I did clear a log about half that big earlier, but there was no one around to witness.

If a Yooper crashes jumping a log all alone in the woods, does it make a sound? :hmmmmm

Being solo in those situations warrants backing off and be smart about the situation.. Discretion is often the better part of valor .. YMMV

I needed a replacement gutter downspout today. I generally avoid Lowes, but it meant a lot less traffic battle today, so went there despite my distaste for them. The signs at the front of the aisles have the items at the front of the aisles on them... The things you can actually see. No signs for the things in the back of the aisle that are blocked by large boxes and pallets in the aisles. The website will tell you how many they have at each store, but won't tell you what aisle it's in. At least on my phone today.

I finally had to ask the keeper of the clue what aisle to find them in, despite being right there on my first pass and not seeing them tucked behind the boxes in that aisle. F me, is it that hard to grasp common sense these days. Then to top of that stupidity, when I punch in my phone number to get my military discount, it requires a scan of my driver's license bar code, and refuses to accept it, requiring a clerk in the self checkout lanes, which were the only ones open despite a line of people. Wouldn't let me try again or go back, had to have the store employee put there code in, then it magically says my prior scan was accepted. All for less than a buck discount. The phone number should be enough.

We're fortunate that the closest Home Depot & Lowes are across the street from each other. The next closest HD & Lowes are maybe 1/2 mile apart on the same road. I live between them all.

I made 3 trips to HD today and two to Lowes. I think I got everything I need, but tomorrow is another day. :D

We're fortunate that the closest Home Depot & Lowes are across the street from each other. The next closest HD & Lowes are maybe 1/2 mile apart on the same road. I live between them all.

I made 3 trips to HD today and two to Lowes. I think I got everything I need, but tomorrow is another day. :D

Ah yea one of those 3 trip jobs, been there... the 5 trip jobs get to be a pain. I know you all will be skeptical but a couple years ago I had a 1 trip plumbing job which <never> happens.

I needed a replacement gutter downspout today. I generally avoid Lowes, but it meant a lot less traffic battle today, so went there despite my distaste for them. The signs at the front of the aisles have the items at the front of the aisles on them... The things you can actually see. No signs for the things in the back of the aisle that are blocked by large boxes and pallets in the aisles. The website will tell you how many they have at each store, but won't tell you what aisle it's in. At least on my phone today.

I finally had to ask the keeper of the clue what aisle to find them in, despite being right there on my first pass and not seeing them tucked behind the boxes in that aisle. F me, is it that hard to grasp common sense these days. Then to top of that stupidity, when I punch in my phone number to get my military discount, it requires a scan of my driver's license bar code, and refuses to accept it, requiring a clerk in the self checkout lanes, which were the only ones open despite a line of people. Wouldn't let me try again or go back, had to have the store employee put there code in, then it magically says my prior scan was accepted. All for less than a buck discount. The phone number should be enough.
Speaking of common sense, Lowe's remodeled their floor plan a few years back. The hardware area is no longer beside lumber area, it's on the other side of the store next to lawn and garden.

So when you pull up to the lumber area to get boards you have to walk clear to the other side of the store to get nails. Why do nails need to be beside the flowers and lawn mowers? 😒

Was it a garden hose? :photog

Hah! No, the unbelievable thing was it was installing a new faucet in the bathroom sink. I know, pics or it didn't happen, but it really was "go to the home despot, buy the faucet, put it in and attach the hoses... and... that was it. Crazy for sure...

Yeah those guys.. I dont lend tools out except to a very few folks. I've give the others disposable stuff that i'd otherwise scrap or throw out.

A friend of mine is a single mom of 2, she's stepping up and working on lots of her own stuff- she is very exacting about returning tools so I'll.loan her anything. way better than our old neighbor who borrowed my chainsaw and left it to rust under his back porch. It never ran right after I got it back.

Top Bottom Back Refresh