What's new

Rant About Your Day Here!

Peak AC season. It's 100° outside and people are "dying".

"ThE nEwS sAiD iTs DaNgErOuS. WHEN ARE YOU GETTING HERE?!?!"

Ok 😅 Well, I'm not dead after running around fixing units all day with a non-AC truck. Sit down the potato chips, drink some water and probably turn off the news.

I've got an 0800 appointment tomorrow to get the AC in the Camry looked at. :baldy

Thursday Update: $94.50 and the AC is cold again. Turned my frown upside down. :D

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand the hangup about riding through the DC metro and along I-95. It has been easy going in heavy, moderate, and late night traffic. I made it home in record time from Bethesda, MD. I got through all the road work just before they were to shut down more than 1 lane. Nobody came close to rear ending me while I had the hazards flashing just south of the Ft. McHenry Tunnel.

I honestly don't understand the hangup about riding through the DC metro and along I-95. It has been easy going in heavy, moderate, and late night traffic. I made it home in record time from Bethesda, MD. I got through all the road work just before they were to shut down more than 1 lane. Nobody came close to rear ending me while I had the hazards flashing just south of the Ft. McHenry Tunnel.
I ride/drive it regularly. People who live in less populated areas get very nervous, but those of us who live here are ambivalent to it.

Last edited:
Riding or driving is only exhausting because you have to anticipate everybody’s moves around you and assume they are morons. The physical act of cranking out an 800 mile day isn’t that bad if is wasn’t for all the assholes on the road.. When did the public become so annoyingly dumb?? :lurk

Riding or driving is only exhausting because you have to anticipate everybody’s moves around you and assume they are morons. The physical act of cranking out an 800 mile day isn’t that bad if is wasn’t for all the assholes on the road.. When did the public become so annoyingly dumb?? :lurk
I don't think I have it in me anymore for 800mi one-shotters. I was almost stiff by the time I got to Ft. Moore, and that was in the car I had at the time. I'd have gladly taken a day and a half to ride down there and back if the weather had cooperated. I ride the way I drive a big rig. I try to keep myself predictable and keep from weaving and hauling ass. When I decide to make a pass, I'll do it in the way where there is something to gain.

I ride/drive it regularly. People who live in less populated areas get very nervous, but those of us who live here are ambivalent to it.

Yeah mostly it just sucks. OTOH there are the interesting moments when the more ardent spirits like to weave around through traffic. Its a bit disconcerting when you're on the bike and you see a guy behind you vanish from one mirror and into the other, then pass you at 20+ your speed...

1000000847.jpg

This is it. I don't do well in those places.

If there's more than one car ahead of me I start getting impatient. Traffic is definitely something that you learn to deal with.

This generator was running where we were working today. All the grass around it was dark green when the day started, looked like this by noon. I'm gonna guess that something didn't installed as it should
IMG_20240627_144624238.jpg

Primer bulb on the weed eater busted. No big deal, but the hardware store is an hour away. Sometimes I wonder if I should open a hardware store out here in the middle of nowhere.

Inventory would be ridiculous. 53,000 different doodads sitting on the shelf while I go broke and everyone orders online. Or would it thrive like an oasis in the desert?

Top Bottom Back Refresh