What's new

Slow wheelies anyone?

I’ll try the tire pressure.

I’ll leave the carb for now. The front comes up easily in second. I can even get it up in third if I really tug on it. :lol2:hide
Have you tried the klx yet. My xt225 was pretty decent and my drzsm wasnt bad. But my ct clone was real easy....the intake at the airbox was radiused. The stock carb had the needle sanded and the carb and a
race manifold was port matched. Even with 17-32 gearing and a super tall 120/90-10 tire...was easy to loop out 2nd. I kept the stock carb for a butterfly choke and I could never get a mikuni vm26 dialed. The smaller stock carb worked better all around. I also installed a ebay crf50 pipe. But the stock exhaust drilled out was just fine.

Sounds crazy..but I kinda prefer a 2 valve head vs 4 for low end and response. And a vm style carb vs a cv. Efi and or 4 valves has never given me the response for non clutch feathering shenanigans from lower rpms.

Have you tried the klx yet. My xt225 was pretty decent and my drzsm wasnt bad. But my ct clone was real easy....the intake at the airbox was radiused. The stock carb had the needle sanded and the carb and a
race manifold was port matched. Even with 17-32 gearing and a super tall 120/90-10 tire...was easy to loop out 2nd. I kept the stock carb for a butterfly choke and I could never get a mikuni vm26 dialed. The smaller stock carb worked better all around. I also installed a ebay crf50 pipe. But the stock exhaust drilled out was just fine.
Yeah I’m comfortable pulling the front end up on the KLX for obstacle clearing and practical purposes. I have done some pretty high wheelies on it but I’ve never gotten it to the balance point; I don’t want to break it or myself when it goes wrong. :imaposer

On my XT600E the YDIS systen which is kind of a twin choke carb made up of a carb and a vacum second barrel kicking in higher up the range its sort of ecconomical and yet power when you want it . I had an ellectrical wiring break to the ignition which i was convinced was carbs so i stripped cleaned rebuilt again and again looking at settings vacum everything multiple times, i have the cleanest YDS system and best set up probably anywhere:lol2.
When i eventualy found the broken intermitent wire the bike with it perfect ydis was nice and when you were powering on in a wheelie you could feel it come on the second and it always dipped slightly then hit and lifted not violently but it was noticeable and quite a distraction at times. If you were changing up in the wheelie going for a run the hit got less in second then in third but by fourt i was unsure if it was lack of power and taller gearing or the fact it needed the second barrel in to maintain it and gain speed i found turning the bars to the right helped hold lift when the big choke area took the torque away wind helps.

Top Bottom Back Refresh