What's new

Slow wheelies anyone?

Like I said I am old man. ..balance crap needs stabalizer muscle. Take a break! And then attack.. I think you nailed the inspirational thread for bucket list.

To be a better rider should
be I1 st. Ican kiss my front wheel on a log 50ft feet away..but no slow whee
ly...

The 50cc days of dad and grandpa circle wheelying a crf50 m. I feel humble.

I do have gear I never wear to work

Motomamax kills tw200 wheelies..
I need some Wile E acme center of gravity blueprint.
Thanks!

Striving to be a better rider probably can never be a bad thing.

I rode a friend's CRF110F a few weeks ago. With the autoclutch it was way harder to wheelie than the TTR is. I can only imagine a 50 would require that much more finesse.

So I’m watching the video from last night and noticed a few things.

• Wearing proper gear gives me more confidence. I don’t know what I was thinking practicing in Crocs. :uhoh
  • I’m not leaning back enough and keeping my arms extended.
  • My best attempts are the ones where I rock back gently. Kind of like an auto dumping hopper pivoting into position.
  • I need to use my weight on the pegs more for side to side balance.
  • I’m going to try a little less pressure in the rear tire.
  • Maybe I need to grow a pair and find the balance point with higher speed and the increased lateral stability it’ll give the bike.
Try watching this video. GixxerBrah's riding style on the mean streets of DFW may not suit your or my riding styles, but he sure is fun to watch.

Like I said kiss the rear fender.. I kiss both tires on a suno on a parking lot island. We need uncl 3 Ron..maybe stunt freaks...heck kaplain..old dude rips smoker wheelies...moto broo is annoying but I witnessd the game of bike with a flare. .bmx before drz!!

Ill argue this as I might support it.

Like I said kiss the rear fender.. I kiss both tires on a suno on a parking lot island. We need uncl 3 Ron..maybe stunt freaks...heck kaplain..old dude rips smoker wheelies...moto broo is annoying but I witnessd the game of bike with a flare. .bmx before drz!!

Ill argue this as I might support it.
I'm not sure what you mean by kiss the rear fender.

I checked out Kaplan America... subscribed! :thumb

Motobroo is entertaining sometimes but yeah, annoying. "yes-zir! yes-zir!" My kid still says that randomly sometimes making fun of motobroo. He can ride some wheelies though.

I have that wonderful ABS and wheelie control on my bike. Yeah, I could remove the fuse(s) but that would disable my speedometer and tachometer. It would bother me a ton not seeing those work. If I still had that clapped out title jumped KLR650, I'd go for some stoppies.

Just for tests and curiosity take the seat off the TTR and bungee cord a padded or leather jacket over anything under there to lower the seat height see what you think about this.

Just for tests and curiosity take the seat off the TTR and bungee cord a padded or leather jacket over anything under there to lower the seat height see what you think about this.
Thanks for the suggestion. What is the hypothesis being tested? Or is it better to not tell me beforehand. :lol2

I haven’t ridden the little bike since Sunday and haven’t even ridden my bike since Monday. When people ask me my symptoms the main one I cite is “no riding”. :D

I can’t wait to get back to wheelie practice.

Still sick? Eat a bunch of yellow mustard and honey.
Yeah still sick. The thought of eating yellow mustard even when I’m not sick makes me sick. :lol2 I’ll try the honey though! :thumb

Yeah still sick. The thought of eating yellow mustard even when I’m not sick makes me sick. :lol2 I’ll try the honey though! :thumb
It will fix ya up. I mix it with tea and dont be scared to over do it. You might get faster explosive results and the wheelies will be soon. Take care and get some good sleep.

Thanks for the suggestion. What is the hypothesis being tested? Or is it better to not tell me beforehand. :lol2

I haven’t ridden the little bike since Sunday and haven’t even ridden my bike since Monday. When people ask me my symptoms the main one I cite is “no riding”. :D

I can’t wait to get back to wheelie practice.
:lol2 course ill explain.
Lower seat height unlike lowering the bike proper keeps the geometry and swing arm angle the same, yet moves your seated weight down which unlike just lowering the whole bike actually makes weight off / balance point easier to feel this can be achieved other ways but on a stock set up its can help, its not a vast difference but it can make controlling the point by power and feathering the rear brake easier to fathom. Its like run out wheelies you are just chasing the point out until your done and back down the feel is there initial and then its really just when the revs/torque dictates the landing.
Try it see what you think its not going to cost anything and is instantly reversable.
The rear brake leaver? if its on splines drop it down and have your on rest toe position comfortable if you feel you are sort of lifting your toe its more off putting to feather the back brake to slow run outs if you get me its just a quicker way of confidence building for you i am thinking off, but i am also consious of not feeding too much info in at once which might get confusing too.
It will all click in place and then you will be on refinement which is even more fun but you might want a fighter build all depends on your choice of direction nothings set in stone here and its just my view not anyone elses we are all different all learning at different levels and even different skill sets. man i will say this "Isnt it exiting though"?

Ttr125 is such a low seat hieght for an average person .I was tempted to plate one for the lake Erie loop cannonball. I like yami thumpers and raced the neighbor kid on his pw80 and ttr 125 with my xt225 . Kinda missed out..I think a modded tr125 would have a good lap time for 700 miles...of freeway. My coworker agreed with a clapped out ttr125. These bikes are play bikes ..Matty. we dont get true lightweights..we ride kids bikes.

Ttr125 is such a low seat hieght for an average person .I was tempted to plate one for the lake Erie loop cannonball. I like yami thumpers and raced the neighbor kid on his pw80 and ttr 125 with my xt225 . Kinda missed out..I think a modded tr125 would have a good lap time for 700 miles...of freeway. My coworker agreed with a clapped out ttr125. These bikes are play bikes ..Matty. we dont get true lightweights..we ride kids bikes.
It looks bigger than like a PY90 on the videos how tall is he then, and whats with this no kind of yz125 size bikes over there? Most be a market for t6hem why not import them?

It looks bigger than like a PY90 on the videos how tall is he then, and whats with this no kind of yz125 size bikes over there? Most be a market for t6hem why not import them?
We get a large wheel versions with 19/17 wheels. Only the kawi klx140g is a full size motocylce. The other choices are a yz125 or ktm125. Quite a gap for 4 stroke riders jumping from these playbikes to a real 250

You are starting to hover around the point of balance now, concentrate harder be smooth when its up on it dont disturb it , aggravate it, try and settle it down keep it smooth bigger bike more torque makes it a bit easier IMO or at least a two stroke. But you will do it , you just got to refine it then develop it control turning it etc. Remember gearing a bike down adds torque/ grunt but needs thinking about may be just a tooth or so smaller front if its not going to rub on any casings or the wear pad if fitted. Have a think, you got a better idea on this you actually riding it rather than just watching it on video.

After being sick for the past couple of weeks I haven't been practicing much but I got back to it tonight for a little bit. I had some of my best ones yet. I never did write up a card with all the important points to remember but I did think about some of them beforehand and it was helpful. I think I wasn't focused enough before but just kind of riding.

I was trying to figure out how to make a YouTube "Short" so it's a vertical format which seems weird... and it's short (<1min).

Before you know it you'll be scraping the tail at freeway speeds. :)

Thanks matty. You guys have been helpful! I think going down a tooth in the front would help. First is too short and second could be a little shorter. I’m slightly apprehensive to change it though. If it ain’t broke. It’s been an absolute tank for us. The weak point right now is me. If I feel like it’s holding me back I’ll reconsider.

The biggest change last night was trying to rock the bike more and bring it up more gently like you’d recommended. Then I wasn’t as choppy with the throttle and brakes. 👍🏻

Thanks again!
Try tire pressure and adjust the mixture screw for off idle snap like response. 2nd should easily come up.

I’ll try the tire pressure.

I’ll leave the carb for now. The front comes up easily in second. I can even get it up in third if I really tug on it. :lol2:hide

Top Bottom Back Refresh