What's new

The All Things BETA Thread!

Too bad I can't get over (easily) with the 250RE and the X-Trainer.
We coulda had a private Beeta demo day! :lol3:lol3:lol3
0B2D1F4D-8E77-4182-9FAF-18AECC399B93.jpeg

We could have a heckuva group of Beta’s between the 3 of us…if we still had all of them.

2018 a seXtrainer
2019 250rr
2021 300rr
2022 200re

0B2D1F4D-8E77-4182-9FAF-18AECC399B93.jpeg

We could have a heckuva group of Beta’s between the 3 of us…if we still had all of them.

2018 a seXtrainer
2019 250rr
2021 300rr
2022 200re

I've had and sold
2018 SexTrainer
2020 250RE
2020 350RE

And still have
2021 SexTrainer (Ger's)
2018 Evo 200

And getting
2022 250RE
and maybe 20XX 390 at some point.

Not bad for only being on Beta for 2 years. :imaposer

Talk to Ryan about taking a spin on his 390. He has it set up with a tower for rally right now but it will give you a start.
I rode it briefly at EFR a few years ago (Before the conversion. I haven't seen it in it's current configuration). It rode great. I'm still wanting to check out the 430 and 500 though.

I asked Beta USA on their FB page if they were going to have a demo at the Desert 100, but did not get a response.

Over 200 hours on my 2021 500 RR-S. Bought it to replace my 2005 525EXC as my plated do-all bullshit bike. It's a gem. Not too fond of the suspension but it's stock and not even sprung for my increased gravity effect. I knew I was going to use it mainly for Dual-Sporting so I thought it would be better soft but the forks probably need to be re-annodized. I even raced an Enduro with it and wasn't too bad. Still a big bike in the woods though. The 17 year old Factory Connection suspension on my 525 is worlds better. I tried a 480RRR and a 430RRR and the suspension was much better than what the RR-S bikes come with.

I have plenty of time on a 2021 390 RR-S as well. I think I like the 430 the best. It's revvy but the gearing isn't so short like the 390. (390 and 350 have lower primary ratio)
The 480/500 has good torque but it's still not in the same league as an old KTM RFS. The 390 barks off the bottom if you compare it to it's sisters but that's not completely a function of the 2.6mm increased stroke over the 430/480/500 motors. Pretty sure there's a different cam in there that promotes the low-end power because it does sign-off a bit early compared to the 480/500. But even with the longest stroke of the bunch at 63.4mm it's a huge cry from the 72mm stroke of the big KTMs.

The 430 has a light feeling crank and it also has a 1000rpm higher rev-limiter. It feels like a 350 on steroids. I could probably race one for XC or Enduro and not be completely beat up at the end. It's about as light feeling as my KTM 250XCF-W. There's maybe a 430 RRR in my future. :ricky

Sean :-)

Hola Grupo!!!
I'm looking at a 16 x-trainer for my kid. He is (14) and riding harder stuff these days, He is unstoppable on my 200rr but the YZ125 is proving too difficult on the technical stuff for him.
Anything that I should know or be cautious about for that model and year?

Hola Grupo!!!
I'm looking at a 16 x-trainer for my kid. He is (14) and riding harder stuff these days, He is unstoppable on my 200rr but the YZ125 is proving too difficult on the technical stuff for him.
Anything that I should know or be cautious about for that model and year?
The e-starter is tiny, expensive, and efforty to change. I'd be inclined to add a backup kicker

I bought the bike, the motor is strong (recent top end) but I have been sorting electrical issues like crazy. Wires cut, badly run, connectors disconnected for no apparent reason.Methinks the guy that did the top end is not the same guy that reassembled the bike.

Anyway, the Engine light (yellow not the one that tells you the oil is low) won't go out.It stays on solid but I checked the oiler both with an Ohms meter 20ohms and with a tube watching it pump the prescribed amount IIRC 1" in 90 seconds.

Some research tells me that it could be the TPS ( I have not checked it) but the bike ran great all day today some 45 miles of single track woods
I reset the speedo / changed the coin battery/ followed the wires and checked all the related connectors.
Any Ideas??
I joined the X group on FB hoping for some insight, but....

I bought the bike, the motor is strong (recent top end) but I have been sorting electrical issues like crazy. Wires cut, badly run, connectors disconnected for no apparent reason.Methinks the guy that did the top end is not the same guy that reassembled the bike.

Anyway, the Engine light (yellow not the one that tells you the oil is low) won't go out.It stays on solid but I checked the oiler both with an Ohms meter 20ohms and with a tube watching it pump the prescribed amount IIRC 1" in 90 seconds.

Some research tells me that it could be the TPS ( I have not checked it) but the bike ran great all day today some 45 miles of single track woods
I reset the speedo / changed the coin battery/ followed the wires and checked all the related connectors.
Any Ideas??
I joined the X group on FB hoping for some insight, but....
I'm going to suggest the TPS as well. Seems like a common issue.

Sean :ricky

Oh FFS.. Could someone help me out here..? How do you properly pronounce The bike name? Beta
I say Beta : Bay-tuh.. Like in Alpha- Beta- Chi
My buddy says ; Beta; Bee-tuh Because some YouTuber calls it that, But the guy calls KTM; Kuy-de-am..(Damn Aussies) so there is that.
Then today he called it Beta; Bet-uh IDK where that came from,

Anyway.. I just put a new speedo on Bad Beta ('16Xt) for a meger fee $$ and the warning lights all went off as expected . But I cannot get the speedo to register. I checked and cleaned the connections and battery, set the sensor and magnet closer and nada.
The damn thing didn't come with instructions
Any suggestions?

Edit: for the record we are a 2 beta family, "Good Beta" ,2021 200rr bought new ,and "Bad Beta" 2016 X-trainer bought used (with issues)
Holy crap there is a website for pronunciations , what a world we live in... LOL
Beta (motorcycle manufacturer)

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh