What's new

The Kansas Thread

I'm curious why you think YZ450 would be more likely to disappear than the WRR (other than it being more unique). If you do get serious about possibly letting it go, I may be interested.

I'm curious why you think YZ450 would be more likely to disappear than the WRR (other than it being more unique). If you do get serious about possibly letting it go, I may be interested.
It’s got no ignition key or steering head lock. Just enough light to be legal but not enough to actually see anything or be seen. Otherwise it’s a truly awesome machine. I have guilt about it’s extremely low hours. I bought it when I lived next to a national forest and my son was riding the 250.
My WR250 is a much better daily dual sport bike. It’s everything I wanted in a KLR. But now you’ve got me second guessing it’s safety too. I’d like to find another WR as my son is dreaming about us hitting an epic trip on the bikes. He’s turned into a great riding buddy.

I also blew out my shoulder in a bicycle meets jackass incident. The YZ isn’t about taking it easy, and now you know about the jackass part of the equation.

I just carry a disk lock for My KTM since it doesn't have an ignition lock. I also don't park it in the ghetto. The places I take it, it would probably be fine with no lock. Better safe than sorry though.

Hey Mike sorry I'm just seeing this but I don't think you need to worry about it. My plated xr250r got parked anywhere and everywhere around town, usually with helmet and jacket thrown over it, and I've never had it bothered. I just get you a simple bicycle cable lock that you can loop up on the back of it and then run through the front wheel and frame when you park it somewhere if it's somewhere it's out of sight of general public or you're worried about the area or whatever.

Like I said I've never had someone screw with my bike when parked anywhere here around town. I thought it can't happen but it'd be rare.

Attempted to do a early spring ride out to the western part of Kansas earlier this week but decided to head home early when the forecast called for +70mph wind. The ride home in a 40-50mph crosswind was no fun as it was.

Coronado Heights
1649872219341.png

Mushroom Rock State Park
1649872253890.png

Farris Caves
1649872281420.png

Ellsworth
1649872313852.png

Wilson
1649872334583.png

Wilson Lake, before the wind and weather turned to shit
1649872387792.png

Any of you heathens planning to attend the Brooks Yamaha 'Because We Can' ride in Manhattan?
img_1_1651167473428.jpg

Last edited:
A fundraiser ride for the 2023 Florence Grand Prix is this Saturday.

1661783268014.png

1661783300818.png

Weather looks decent (for Kansas)...
1661783724928.png

The 2022 Florence Grand Prix was a blast to watch, so I am considering heading down for the morning ride to support next years race.
1661804087739.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh