What's new

The Official Aviation Threadfest

1714951594110.png

I've had a busy night. A little sleep early before #3 and #4 wandered in. I got them settled and then a phone call from the clinic. I alert the girl's minders and everyone else involved as I head out the door to meet B at the hangar. Two of the men got there before us and were wheeling out the AW189 as we arrive. Great, it is raining. We do the walk around together, we are ready to go and the ambulance arrives a few minutes after engine start. The paramedics are professionals and load the patient and a family member quickly and efficiently.

We are at 20 minutes since the call. 35 minutes later we are touching down on the hospital's helipad. We only have to wait for the paramedics and we can go home. I walk in the door at 3:10 hours, but I am not done yet...

I've had a busy night. A little sleep early before #3 and #4 wandered in. I got them settled and then a phone call from the clinic. I alert the girl's minders and everyone else involved as I head out the door to meet B at the hangar. Two of the men got there before us and were wheeling out the AW189 as we arrive. Great, it is raining. We do the walk around together, we are ready to go and the ambulance arrives a few minutes after engine start. The paramedics are professionals and load the patient and a family member quickly and efficiently.

We are at 20 minutes since the call. 35 minutes later we are touching down on the hospital's helipad. We only have to wait for the paramedics and we can go home. I walk in the door at 3:10 hours, but I am not done yet...

AgustaWestland AW189:
AgustaWestland-AW189-helicopter-UK-Coast-Guard.jpg

That's awesome! If I owned one of those I'd get picked up from my kid's soccer game in it. I'd be the envy of all the parents (especially the soccer moms!) as I flashed a big smile and snapped a selfie while being winched up to my hovering $30m aircraft. :lol3

I know some people that have flown on Doc. Not a cheap ticket, but they felt it was worth it.

A film from 1949 that's as good or better than what's in theaters today. This is a great copy, without ads.

#1 daughter's Avanti was rolled out with new paint this week... looking fantastic. Interior is done. Airworthiness items are complete. Most of the paperwork is complete, just a few loose ends. She is still in the school year so training and first flight has to wait a few weeks. I wouldn't mind a few hours in it myself, but it is her toy, not mine.

Look at that powelines....ya crazy mill owner once glided off of kitty hawk...before buckling down in life. The local crazy dusters are old and lived through a crash or two....I like history. The avanti is super cool at way less than 300 worldwide!

Top Bottom Back Refresh