What's new

The Official Aviation Threadfest

It's hard to believe it's been nearly 40 years since I learned to fly in one of these:

P2140003.JPG

I'm coming up to 20 years since I got my student glider licence.

Before that I had hundreds of hours with my father. Now I do the same with #3.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe it's been nearly 40 years since I learned to fly in one of these:

P2140003.JPG

#1 daughter is moving quickly now. Faster than I expected and a lot changed while I wasn't paying attention during a recent trip.

Flying since she was about ten with my father, then with me,she logged hundreds of (unofficial) hours in different types of aircraft. Her upbringing and experience mirrors my own at that age.

She is 19 now and has her multi instrument rating currently flying a Baron G58 to build hours towards her PC-24. Yes, it is hers, she just can't fly it yet. Already 800 hours total with 300+ hours and about 100 (real) ILS approaches in her log book carting her friends around in a PC-12. Aerobatic was a rubber stamp and she was checked out in the Frankenstang's sister while I was away. She has been doing some showing off.

One other thing happened while I was away, but because only about 250 have been built I wanted to check to make sure no public information pointed to her (or me) I held back. She was followed home by a Piaggio Avanti. Less than 400 hours from a deceased estate.

I asked her why and she told me she loves the funky appearance. I can't argue with that.

Random pic from the internet for illustration purposes. This is not the actual aircraft.
shutterstock_1326516644-1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh