What's new

U TURN Talk!

Haha..you can escape the icy teeth of the north! Just have to talk slower and learn how to to get three syllables out of a one syllable word.
:lol3

We're stuck. Between work, family and our aging parents who will need more and more from us over the coming years there's no way we're moving south. Other than the shorter riding season I like it here, it's home. :-)

We're stuck. Between work, family and our aging parents who will need more and more from us over the coming years there's no way we're moving south. Other than the shorter riding season I like it here, it's home. :-)
Totally get it! Long story but aging parent is how I returned. I liked the north. I was a wh regular. My big coffee and a cup of ice was always waiting. About lost my mind in the middle of no where. So use to seeing my friends at 2am and the 24hr life.

My aging parents followed us down here. My dad passed away but my mom loves it down here now. Since she stopped skiing at 80 years old she no longer has any use for snow.

Totally get it! Long story but aging parent is how I returned. I liked the north. I was a wh regular. My big coffee and a cup of ice was always waiting. About lost my mind in the middle of no where. So use to seeing my friends at 2am and the 24hr life.
Yeah, there’s pros and cons to relocating out of state. I’d say probably 90% of the people I’ve known who did wound up moving back unless they had (or took) family wherever it was that they moved to. Maybe some day I can retire and spend a few of the coldest months somewhere nice on a bike. :lol2

My aging parents followed us down here. My dad passed away but my mom loves it down here now. Since she stopped skiing at 80 years old she no longer has any use for snow.
I’m sorry to hear about your dad. That’s awesome that your mom was still skiing at 80! I love hearing stories like that. There was a guy who was a bit of a legend here in Michigan who was still riding the trails well into his 80s. Him and another guy rode the MCCCT for his 80th birthday! :-)

I know that you were stationed here for a while but did you grow up in Michigan? I always figured that you were originally from down south.

I’m sorry to hear about your dad. That’s awesome that your mom was still skiing at 80! I love hearing stories like that. There was a guy who was a bit of a legend here in Michigan who was still riding the trails well into his 80s. Him and another guy rode the MCCCT for his 80th birthday! :-)

I know that you were stationed here for a while but did you grow up in Michigan? I always figured that you were originally from down south.
At 80 she was still skiing the black diamond runs until she broke her hip getting off the lift.

I have a riding friend who was doing track days until he turned 80 and decided he didn't need to keep doing track days.

I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. I have lived in a few northern states including CT, MI, MD and ME.

Top Bottom Back Refresh