What's new

What Bike Do You Want Today?

I want this.

lineup-ktm-kit690-rally-standard.png

Looking at a low mile 690 tomorrow.

I just found out about these. Moto Guzzi Griso. 1200cc air cooled 90° twin. 110 hp, 85 torks. 500lbs. 120,180 17's on wires. 6 speed and a shaft. Even the stock exhaust looks killer.

That green with the brown seat looks sharp 😎

Moto Guzzi Griso Review Used Guide (4).jpeg
V85tt or v7 would be nice. I getting kinda "chain lazy" the older I get. Plus the valve maintenance almost looks like fun!

I really want a JVB special gs. Best year air cooled and the least amount of parts as possible. I need this bike to goon to eternity. I have a r100rs as a donor...attached to a hack. Other wise a gooned out gl1000....stay tooned. I have a cheap tool kit....

V7 looks good, but 50hp in a 500lb bike I'd take an RE Interceptor.

I hear you on the chains. Shafts are so heavy and complex. I didn't know why we don't get more belt drives
Re has S&S Parts...ahh who wants big bore air cooled in this world. I really rip Dan wrinkled myself to this great day.

Belts suck. Nothing like hearing a rock run through the pulley. OK enclosed belt. Cannot see the wear. Original cub and my 83 1340 shovel is enclosed chain. I also got a few early clones with enclosed chain..

Wife's fat boy has high compression dry clutch and enclosed belt Evoand belt final. So I tuned it the best I could and knew somewhat of what I was dealing with. We are up in Cleveland and the dam thing kicked back and sheared the primary belt. The trick was always spin the engine before fuel. Later ignition systems did not fire till after a few revolutions. The belts are durable. A sporty belt can be changed roadside 80k later. Wife's 89 sporty is chain. It binds and squeaks. Belts are only cool if that 1lb spare is with you. And you do not have to remove an inner primary and swingarm to install the dam belt. My vstart 1300 coul probably slide on in 5 mins..Belts are awesome and suck.

V7 looks good, but 50hp in a 500lb bike I'd take an RE Interceptor.

I hear you on the chains. Shafts are so heavy and complex. I didn't know why we don't get more belt drives
There actually are belt drives available for the RE 650s if anyone is interested. Aftermarket but very well engineered. Not replaceable at the roadside though.

Offer 12 max or be really cool. Great bikes...The proper touring Harleys place the seat closer to the handlebars. So check the seat. There are multiple configurations if not the stock seat. Very nice machines above 10mph. I kinda prefer the evo models...97-99..probably get a nice one for decent money.

Offer 12 max or be really cool. Great bikes...The proper touring Harleys place the seat closer to the handlebars. So check the seat. There are multiple configurations if not the stock seat. Very nice machines above 10mph. I kinda prefer the evo models...97-99..probably get a nice one for decent money.
It's on consignment and belongs to the store owner's father. I won't buy it but it sure does feel nice sitting on. There is also a Tracer 900 here. Sat on that thing and it almost immediately made my ass hurt. Seat felt like I was straddling a park bench.

My younger self sure would love to have this Honda.
20240504_100851.jpg

Last edited:
It's on consignment and belongs to the store owner's father. I won't buy it but it sure does feel nice sitting on. There is also a Tracer 900 here. Sat on that thing and it almost immediately made my ass hurt. Seat felt like I was straddling a park bench.

My younger self sure would love to have this Honda.
20240504_100851.jpg
Get a goon bikes.. strom is

years ago when I was a moto cop I snapped two belts on Harleys down shifting. Belts don’t last forever!

Re has S&S Parts...ahh who wants big bore air cooled in this world. I really rip Dan wrinkled myself to this great day.

Belts suck. Nothing like hearing a rock run through the pulley. OK enclosed belt. Cannot see the wear. Original cub and my 83 1340 shovel is enclosed chain. I also got a few early clones with enclosed chain..

Wife's fat boy has high compression dry clutch and enclosed belt Evoand belt final. So I tuned it the best I could and knew somewhat of what I was dealing with. We are up in Cleveland and the dam thing kicked back and sheared the primary belt. The trick was always spin the engine before fuel. Later ignition systems did not fire till after a few revolutions. The belts are durable. A sporty belt can be changed roadside 80k later. Wife's 89 sporty is chain. It binds and squeaks. Belts are only cool if that 1lb spare is with you. And you do not have to remove an inner primary and swingarm to install the dam belt. My vstart 1300 coul probably slide on in 5 mins..Belts are awesome and suck.
Someone around here has a WAY built up Ironhead that I see/hear occasionally. Only got to chat with him once and he didn't have much to say. He revs the shit out of that thing. Saw him going through the gears and the front end was just skimming the ground for a few gears. I'm all in for big bore air cooled!

Top Bottom Back Refresh