What's new

What Bike Do You Want Today?

Just Googled FZ09 spoked wheels and now wish I hadn't 🥰

_20160329_003550.jpg
Our local Yamaha dealer had insider info about 4 or 5 years before the Super Tenere arrived on the market and similarly they knew about the 700 Tenere with the MT07 motor at least 3 years before its announcement .Interestingly enough they had heard rumours a couple of years back of a new Super Tenere based on the three cylinder MT09 motor being in the pipeline . Unless of course they wasted all of the development money in the pot on the Nikken

Dang bro, I didn't know you were old.

For real though, I've lusted over those Kawi's myself. 100 torques at only 6,000rpm... yeah buddy! That 700lb curb weight is a hurdle though.
I may be 40, going on 41 but my disc degenerative disease and severe sciatica make me feel twice my age. My knees aren't in the best shape either. It's due to having grown too quick and going hard in competitive sports. I was that guy who treated practice as if they were title games. I was looking to seriously trade a title for a title on a Concours 14. A shop nearby was ready to do it until I decided against due to the insurance hike. I was quoted a range from $130 to $180 a month from various companies. I'll stick to the less than $20 a month I pay on the Strom. :)

Last edited:
Our local Yamaha dealer had insider info about 4 or 5 years before the Super Tenere arrived on the market and similarly they knew about the 700 Tenere with the MT07 motor at least 3 years before its announcement .Interestingly enough they had heard rumours a couple of years back of a new Super Tenere based on the three cylinder MT09 motor being in the pipeline . Unless of course they wasted all of the development money in the pot on the Nikken
That's interesting. I love my FZ09, but I'm not sure that would be a great engine for a Tenere. The CP3 is wide...I actually think it's a wider engine than my old SOHC CB750's. It has good bottom end, but there's a top end hit that's like a two stroke coming on the pipe. Plus the bike gets hot quick sitting in traffic, I imagine it would get uncomfortable pretty quick trying to use it in the woods.

Yeah, my 09 is a hoot, but my FZ07 had a much punchier bottom end to it. Given the choice between a Tenere CP2 and a Tenere CP3, weight and price aside, I'd take the 700 in a heartbeat.

I may be 40, going on 41 but my disc degenerative disease and severe sciatica make me feel twice my age. My knees aren't in the best shape either. It's due to having grown too quick and going hard in competitive sports. I was that guy who treated practice as if they were title games. I was looking to seriously trade a title for a title on a Concours 14. A shop nearby was ready to do it until I decided against due to the insurance hike. I was quoted a range from $130 to $180 a month from various companies. I'll stick to the less than $20 a month I pay on the Strom. :)
Just turned 44. Host of nagging pains here and there from a lifetime of crawling under houses and in attics. I was at the point where I finally decided I needed a doctor (that's a big step for me) but I ran across some info on collagen. I'm a months time I saw definite improvement, in two months times is was 90% back to normal. Six months later I don't think about my back anymore. Man, I hope you can get yourself sorted out. I know how much that sucks.

Just turned 44. Host of nagging pains here and there from a lifetime of crawling under houses and in attics. I was at the point where I finally decided I needed a doctor (that's a big step for me) but I ran across some info on collagen. I'm a months time I saw definite improvement, in two months times is was 90% back to normal. Six months later I don't think about my back anymore. Man, I hope you can get yourself sorted out. I know how much that sucks.
Unfortunately the damage is done and all I can do is mitigate it as much as possible. My PCP doubles as a team medic with the Flyers and Phillies. He told me there isn't really anything I can do to reverse the damage caused. The back issues stem from a second injury in 2014 while doing some pipeline work at a shitty ass old refinery in LA. I knew once it happened, my QoL would be changing in a massive way. Knee issues have been ongoing since I was 19.

IMHO, with the servo-ABS, about $5-700 too high. Great bike if you like the Oilhead RTs. For me the handling was just too heavy. The 1200 is a huge improvement, if not as sleek.
I loved my oilheads. I never had a servo-ABS oilhed. But I did have servo-ABS on my K-bike. I thought the R1150RT was one of the most beautiful BMWs.I was waiting for it all. Non-servo-ABS, twin spark & 1200 but when it came out it was ugly.

Last edited:
Not so fast:

YamahaYZRM1-60thAnniv-01.jpg
This needs to stop. I can't stand for this besmirching of Yamaha's good name being put up beside these Ducati/ Honda/ McDonald's livery schemes.

If I were a mod you could consider this a warning, sir!

😁

Top Bottom Back Refresh