What's new

What Bike Do You Want Today?

I just took a look at my local CL and spotted this one, I'll resist since I already have one and no room for more, but I'll pick you up at the airport...

It's a 2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
With 1300 miles, it looks like a screaming deal for anyone interested at $3500

Last edited:
IMG_3852.jpeg

Piaggio BV400 - bigger wheels & more HP than a Vespa

What are the relative MPG figures? I’m ok with heavier & faster.

XMax 300 87 mph & 78 mpg
BV400 90 mph & 65 mpg?

Last edited:
What are the relative MPG figures? I’m ok with heavier & faster.

XMax 300 87 mph & 78 mpg
BV400 80 mph & 65 mpg?
The Xmax can get 90 MPG if not ridden too hard. I'm not sure about the BV but read one test that got in the 50s. The BV calls for premium while the Xmax uses regular. Typically scooter mileage really varies depending on how you ride them.

The Xmax has much more underseat storage. The BV has a more traditional riding position while the Xmax offer a choice of feet forward or feet on the floor riding position. You really need to try them both to see which would be more comfortable for you.

As for speed I think the Xmax will do 85ish while the BV should be a lot faster.

A buddy has a Futura. They seem massive in person. It makes wonderful sounds.

We crashed in a campground a few years ago and discovered that there was a "biker" club holding a rally there that weekend. We already had our tents and feet up when they started pouring in. We got a few head nods, but they seemed less than interested in talking to the guys on sport bikes. After a while we ran out for a joyride. My FZ07 was unbaffled and his Futura flat out roared. Hearing familiar sounds coming out of "crotch rockets" confused them and they had lots of questions when we rolled back in. Good group of guys. They fed us well and would've kept a steady supply of beer and weed pouring out way, but we kept declining. A flight broke out over a girl...that was interesting. We woke up one morning ( it was pretty chilly dropping close to freezing at night) and found half of em standing naked in the cold river baptizing each other 😂 The other half were lit and/or drunk and cheering them on. Again, we had to decline to participate in the event, but lots of naked, drunk bikers were eager to wrap their wet arms around us while praying for us. Man, it was a wild few days.

Top Bottom Back Refresh