What's new

What Bike Do You Want Today?

One of my unfinished projects, it won't be fast but might be fun.

L0nmZn.jpg
20211116_115613.jpg
Awesome project!

And you have the coolest walls of any garage/shop I've ever seen. That's neat! :thumb

The Duke 200 looks like it would be a real fun backroad blaster but pretty marginal as an around town commuter. A small scooter is much better as a commuter.
I kinda agree about storage and ease of trail braking. I would rather take the Duke coast to coast or trans am than a grom or many 10 or 12 in wheel scooters. The scooter crew needs a smooth new road app. Pot holes and pea gravel are entertaining on a scooter. But not for lthe long haul. But dial the speeds back and scooters are just as cool on gravel.

My point! Honda needs a 6 speed 200c ncx model with the faux tank and low cg. But I am almost done with the big 4. Honda will go ev and bomb out VS my 200 ncx idea.. Oh well an Alibaba gn125 might work instead. Or just take a face value and ride a $5k ruckus otd.

To be fair a B200 and smax are not out of my riding reality. I actually luv scooters..sometimes

I want one of these.

MY24-Hypermotard-698-Mono-RVE-Model-Blocks-630x390.png

But with 21/18 rims, 6 gallon low slung tank, wide ratio trans and a decent fairing.
Bro, those things are heavy and I didn't know it. I mean, not crazy heavy, but they're in the 450-460lb range. They look so slim and nimble, but they've got the weight of an old school sport bike. Kitted out to run offroad you'd be pushing 500lbs real quick!

Bro, those things are heavy and I didn't know it. I mean, not crazy heavy, but they're in the 450-460lb range. They look so slim and nimble, but they've got the weight of an old school sport bike. Kitted out to run offroad you'd be pushing 500lbs real quick!

Dry weight for the 698 pictured is listed as 333#. That's pretty light.

Even the 950 is listed as 388#. Still lighter than a T700.......

Ditching the cat and ABS would knock 10# at least of either.

Dry weight for the 698 pictured is listed as 333#. That's pretty light.

Even the 950 is listed as 388#. Still lighter than a T700.......

Ditching the cat and ABS would knock 10# at least of either.
That's wild that a 950 is 388lbs. That's a good weight. The 1100 I was looking at was pushing 460lbs.

I was looking to upgrade from my FZ09, but I couldn't see any reasonable way to add the luggage I need and wasn't willing to take the 50-60lb weight penalty 😁

Now I'm curious why the 1100's are so much heavier than the 950's?

I'll eventually finish all of my projects, sell a few bikes and pick up some kind of liter sport tourer. About 5 years ago I missed out on a minty 15,000 mile 1990 CBR1000F for $1200, a VTR1000 would probably fit the same bill for a large, fast, comfortable Honda.

I need to cull some of my herd also. Lately been thinking about a v300x for a lighter option for offroad work. But the new gsxs1000gx looks awesome. About time liter bikes get some adv style parts.

Top Bottom Back Refresh