What's new

What Bike Do You Want Today?

I’m lusting over these two
Impecable performance with acceptable looks
Or
Impecable looks with acceptable performance

D4A0DB51-FDAB-46BA-9629-F9FEC324EF5B.jpeg 36C3FDE7-1001-4D85-8B41-DB612A23C0E1.jpeg
For probably less than a grand you could give the Kawasaki impeccable suspension, then you'd have both in a Japanese bike that would probably never need another penny spent on it.

Hope this helps 😁

I Rode my youngest lads girlfriends bike today, a red 2008 yamaha ybr125, and i must say i was impressed .
I was actually kind of sad to arrive back home on it, it handled and stooped well felt perfect ergonomics for me.
Not the fastest 125 out there but its nice handling for what it is let you easily forgive it for its moderate power.
I purposely rode it very sedately coming home through the quiet backroads and it was a very pleasant little thing at these speeds ( About 45 to 50MPh , it is im my opinion a perfect little thumper for running erands or even a backroads only tour if you were of a mind to do that.
I want one, and might even buy this off her when she passes her test who knows.
A Random youtube review here and the tester more or less mirrors my thought on the little yamaha.

For probably less than a grand you could give the Kawasaki impeccable suspension, then you'd have both in a Japanese bike that would probably never need another penny spent on it.

Hope this helps 😁
And be down 40hp :(
I put 70k on my old T800 selling it at 100k. No more issues with it than any of my other bikes.

And be down 40hp :(
I put 70k on my old T800 selling it at 100k. No more issues with it than any of my other bikes.
Ouch. Yeah, that 40hp is a big gap.

Glancing at the phone screen I thought that Triumph was a Duc. Only triple I've ridden is my FZ09, but I'm kinda sold on em at the moment.

The ybr125 would be a great bike....we only get honda minis for 125s. And the z125. The big 4 have left North America with only bigger bikes. This is why clones sell! The xr150l stirred up some interest. But a ybr125 with shinkos would do 90% of what I ride. I like the honda tmz...the dual shock option with built in side car mounts!

Add R125 and gsxr/s 125 to the list of unobtainable. We got the the gsx250r instead...125 is faster.

simce the national speed limit went up. The 125’s really became useless for anything but a town or woods bike. You really need 25-30hp to maintain cruising speed WHILE climbing hills or at higher elevations.

The 125’s are 45mph cruisers, at those speeds, why not just ride a cheap moped? Save humdreds upfront, save on insurance, some states you don’t even need tags or a lisc.

The r125 or r18 and gsxr125 are far from cruisers. High strung. But 1000 times better for road use than a grom or monkey which are top selling low performance 125s

I wish there was one motorcycle that could do it all. But then again I don't wish that. My life needs to simplify before I can get any more motorcycles. I will likely be a couple more years before that happens.

A short list of what I'd like to have at some point...

1. Newer bike w/ bags for distance riding
2. Street Triple or Speed Triple for everyday riding (in red please)
3. Ducati Darmah (with whale tail - in red please)
4. Some sort of dual sport bike
5. A Moto Guzzi Eldorado or Ambassador

I'm sure there are others that might scratch my various itches w/ a lottery win.

Mxv 450 to sit beside my rxv550
Kostel..maico 700
Gsxs1000 with renthals and 804/805
But banging the limiter on a 300x would be fun too

My drzsm with an Eddie stroker engine. Too simple and too bad! Stocker hits triple digis and my 1st one might have hit some R/R crossings close to maxed out.

My 2nd drzsm ...I took the girlie 2up..banging the interstate ramps...rev limit in 4th and banging 5th. She has an 89 sporty that will rev out to 7.5k!...ohh big hugs while romping 2up on a bargain sumo.

I'm in "need" of a sport-ish tourer. Both the Honda ST1300 and a BMW K1100LT are high on my list, I'm a bit surprised at how much the ST's are still fetching.

I'm in "need" of a sport-ish tourer. Both the Honda ST1300 and a BMW K1100LT are high on my list, I'm a bit surprised at how much the ST's are still fetching.
ST1300's last forever with proper care and feeding. I sold my rode hard and put away wet 2005 with 127K miles on it, and it still worked darn near like new.

Top Bottom Back Refresh