What's new

What Bike Do You Want Today?

Always liked these 929's in this color scheme with the big black wing and the white numberplate. Poked around on marketplace to see what I could see...going price is $5-8k? Whaaaat?
2001_honda_cbr-929rr_dsc04273-1-45080.jpg

If I had "Jay Leno" money my two favorite bikes would be:

1981 Kawasaki GPZ 550

1983 Yamaha IT 490
(Properly sorted and plated)

😎👍😎
I really know very litte about the history of motorcycles but after looking up the GPZ and now appreciating it's significance I want one now too! :D

I find myself wanting any new ICE BMW since they've put a national hold on the sale of them. Always wanting what ya can't have... :lol2

We all want "unobtainium"

That's why I need "Jay Leno" money.....

😁😎😁
If I had Jay Leno money I'd find the absolute best, most meticulous, and OCD motorcycle mechanic that I could hire to come to my garage weekly and perform any service required. That way I wouldn't stress at all about buying bikes that need a little work or about any bikes I bought being neglected.

Always liked these 929's in this color scheme with the big black wing and the white numberplate. Poked around on marketplace to see what I could see...going price is $5-8k? Whaaaat?
2001_honda_cbr-929rr_dsc04273-1-45080.jpg
Those are nice!

I had a 1994 CBR900RR back in the day. It was a great bike but I had absolutely no business owning it. I really miss that bike but even now I wouldn't want to own/ride one again... too dangerous in my hands.

This isn't my bike but it looked just like this:
Honda-CBR900RR-Front-Right-Featured-1.jpg

My first real motorcycle
08c55d1a53996a55b8acda2c5b84a526 (1).jpg
And what a bike they were, I had a Suzuki T500 a 1976 red and gold stripe it was a fantastic distance tourer i went all over Uk and europe on it and it never missed a beat a fantastic simple torquey bike it was. I loved that bike it even handled well once i put it on Dunlop TT 100s . I loved it and only sold it clear out my dads building for my new zealand move.

2022-Honda-CB1000R-Black-Edition-Review-51.jpg

Went to pick up some parts and the shop had one of these sitting on the floor. Not usually in to "Black Edition" bikes, but I think these are gorgeous.

$13k for a detuned '07 era CBR1k engine is a bit for me to swallow though.

How about an FZR400 with a 600cc swapped in?
Heck ya!! The BBK kits would almost be 700cc and few crazy riders squeezed in a 1000cc with some carb spacing issues on the 400 chassis. I might back the opposite. My fzr 600 rolling chassis with a maico/Zabel engine. Haha yee!. Rolling chassis weighs 150lbs!

I have looked at my rev tec 100" 1640cc 100hp 100lbs of torque engine. I just don't think I can squeeze a softail 6 speed in the fzr 600 chassis. I have made mounts for gx200 and clones up to almost 40hp out of a 40lb engine. Bike would weigh under 200lbs rolling and wet!

Well time , space and money...I like wicked machines..now I am feeling a gt hobbies frame kit with a stage 6 big bore small block on methanol. 90lbs of insanity. But maybe not a "real" bike but definitely an outlaw bike for the 1320 street races with ca...

I would definitely choose the KTM Duke 200. It is a good motorcycle for daily routine rides and it can be helpful in long rides as well.
The Duke 200 looks like it would be a real fun backroad blaster but pretty marginal as an around town commuter. A small scooter is much better as a commuter.

Ha yes! The Duke 200 is a grom killer. A full size bike! I can't believe we get the option. Another smack down to the big 4. I might keep an eye out for used models when the owner complains about not enough power. Another great street fighter that just needs tires to go almost anywhere.

One of my unfinished projects, it won't be fast but might be fun.

L0nmZn.jpg
20211116_115613.jpg
Very cool! What chassis and engine combo? Looks like a rebel/nighthawk engine. If so I beat a cm200 for 3 yrs of commuting 2014-2017. The bike sounded glorious in 3rd downhill at 45mph. I felt like Mike the bike Hailwood....only ptwin I ever owned. I sold the bike to a 275lb giant that rode from Akron to Pittsburg on the interstate at above the speed limits. We laughed about it..because with me two up the bike found a 2nd wind at 60mph in 4th..top gear. This was absolutely the easiest multi to tune with the stock round slide. Your project might have me thinking! Great project!

Top Bottom Back Refresh