What's new

What did you do to your BMW GS/GSA Today?

I was going to order from "amazon or Revzilla" but, mrs. callisto reminded me that the weather is going to turn crappy in a couple days right when the shipment would show up.

The local Cycle Gear store didn't have any in stock but, the Batteries + Bulbs store had a Duracell (I didn't realize Duracell made motorcycle batteries).

It's a bit of a rats nest under the seat but, I was able to get the old one out and the new one installed in short order.

Afterwards, I went for a nice 100+ mile ride just to test it out!

IMG_2208.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg

I went with Antigravity lithium after 3 batteries in 4 years.. So far a year in it has been great but it is $$$ YMMV
I bought my antigravity in '19 as well when I still lived in Florida. The prevailing consensus is that they don't work well in cold weather and I had some reservations when I retired to Vermont in '20 but so far so good. I don't ride in subfreezing temps though.

Also the lithium ion batteries require a special charger.

^ Yes they do, and also if you go to the dealer, let them know you have a lithium battery in the bike as they should have the proper charger , at least my dealer does.
I had an Energizer battery last 7 years in my truck. It was the best battery I ever had in anything I owned. I almost don't want to bring up boat batteries as that is a different ball game. Every 2 years a new starting battery as the loads them are high, think bait well, bilge, nav lights, electronics and starting...

I was going to order from "amazon or Revzilla" but, mrs. callisto reminded me that the weather is going to turn crappy in a couple days right when the shipment would show up.

The local Cycle Gear store didn't have any in stock but, the Batteries + Bulbs store had a Duracell (I didn't realize Duracell made motorcycle batteries).

It's a bit of a rats nest under the seat but, I was able to get the old one out and the new one installed in short order.

Afterwards, I went for a nice 100+ mile ride just to test it out!

IMG_2208.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg
I bought one of those six years ago, and the charger by the same name from Batteries + Bulbs, in a pinch. Still going strong in my ‘07 GSA. Which is FOUR years longer than ANY other battery I have ever used. That will have probably ‘jinxed me’. Also put one in the 7K generator, that sits unused 99.99% of the time. I just plug the charger into one or the other periodically.

Been busy changing the coolant in mine and my brother unit's GSA's... Actually quite easy to do just a mess on the floor 😬
With 5 years and 62K miles, it was time to flush the "lifetime" coolant out of the bike. Bro's bike has 45K or so but time is ticking along....

Ah, spindle bearing failure season!
Nahh, cams, followers, and stator.

All found on good intentions of doing some maintenance over the Winter. The spindle bearing is found when you button up after the stator repair.

Reactions: MVI
I bought one of those six years ago, and the charger by the same name from Batteries + Bulbs, in a pinch. Still going strong in my ‘07 GSA. Which is FOUR years longer than ANY other battery I have ever used. That will have probably ‘jinxed me’. Also put one in the 7K generator, that sits unused 99.99% of the time. I just plug the charger into one or the other periodically.
Yeeup. I jinxed myself. Went out and tried to start Gretchen. She rolled over once then stopped. Took it in for a load test, and it didn’t fair so well. So I bought another Duracell AGM from the same store. I definately got my money’s worth out of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh