What's new

Why I stopped wearing motorcycle body armor?

I think that was his mission. To get people curious enough to seek out the info on gear. At the same time to question the rating standards. Of course he is very theatrical. I guess I get the joke...

He made himself look "stupid" so we would want to become more informed. Then purchase products that better suit our needs...kinda genius
I don't know that he wanted to look stupid but he did get a lot of discussion going on armor and riding gear.

I don't know that he wanted to look stupid but he did get a lot of discussion going on armor and riding gear.
If I had a channel and wanted riders to better diagnose electrical issues...I might mention blinker fluid. I have found about 10...1157 bulbs installed 180° out. So I would need a "catch" to drive my point across. I had to inform customers how to use the products I installed. I tried every trick in the book to keep their attention. It was always scary as hell when someone picked up their motor home and towed car knowing everything and nothing at all. If it was a husband and wife...I talked to who was listening. I almost had to turn the instructions into poems for some people. I got quite good at it but some nights I still could not sleep.

So I would need a "catch" to drive my point across.
Thumbnail of a pair 1157s being held by Sydney Sweeney.
Big yellow arrow pointing at the bulbs: "Are these too big?!?"

Done.

Last edited:
I've had a motorcycle since I was 12 and am 66 now, so I've been trying to learn how to ride for a while. That being said, I'm not gonna pay much attention to somebody on the 'net saying "don't wear armor." I've crashed with out armor and without armor, and have seen others crash with and without armor.

Armor helps.

I wear helmet and gloves 100% of the time , wear helmet ,gloves and armored jacket 99% of the time , wear helmet, gloves , armored jacket and armored pants 90% of the time.

I figure it's your body , do what you want.

Dude I am so far behind..who the heck is Sydney Sweeney? I guess I tap out at nibbi carburetors.
You must not visit YouTube much. Shots of her in this dress were popular clickbait for weeks.

1713828273869.png

I've had a motorcycle since I was 12 and am 66 now, so I've been trying to learn how to ride for a while. That being said, I'm not gonna pay much attention to somebody on the 'net saying "don't wear armor." I've crashed with out armor and without armor, and have seen others crash with and without armor.

Armor helps.

I wear helmet and gloves 100% of the time , wear helmet ,gloves and armored jacket 99% of the time , wear helmet, gloves , armored jacket and armored pants 90% of the time.

I figure it's your body , do what you want.
Fuck ya and in Flor Rita you do not need insurance if you wear a helmet....Rock on! And no stinking property taxes. But watching what could be a body dump in Tomoka state park at 2am is 5th gear pinned on a drzsm. Dam DJ rocks Detroit after midnight. No freaking armor can protect the righteous...But fortune.... the missed point. Feel blessed to make your own dam decision.

You must not visit YouTube much. Shots of her in this dress were popular clickbait for weeks.

1713828273869.png
No I get caught up in the why files. Shuffle girls, minibike riders, ..alot of Scifi endless theories on megalithic structures. It all applies to my life. I move 30k lbs a day tilting and teetering. The adv and Hollywood world is boring..I like climb milling vs conventional..ya know shit that is back burnered but is a staple in my life... to thread the thread..

No I get caught up in the why files. Shuffle girls, minibike riders, ..alot of Scifi endless theories on megalithic structures. It all applies to my life. I move 30k lbs a day tilting and teetering. The adv and Hollywood world is boring..I like climb milling vs conventional..ya know shit that is back burnered but is a staple in my life... to thread the thread..
How did I know you'd be in to the Why Files. He puts out some interesting stuff.

Wikipedia? Is that not the little disclaimer on top the cool videos on YouTube. I knew I read that word before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh