What's new

Yamaha T7 Mega Thread

It's a Honda. 'Nuff said.

• effectively new at only 800 miles
  • a blank canvas no one has wrenched on
  • gobs of power

plus I heard the T7 was top heavy
:hide
Honda cheese dicked out on the motor too. Same deep sump pushing everything up.

ScreenShot2024-02-21at8.52.21AM_480x480.png

I tired of the T7 seat within 8 miles. The TA is a road bike that can do fast gravels, the T7 is clearly the off road winner, but I have a CRF for that.

I tired of the T7 seat within 8 miles. The TA is a road bike that can do fast gravels, the T7 is clearly the off road winner, but I have a CRF for that.
T7 seat sucks big time if you are big guy. For your use probably, but I would argue that a CRF can't do what the T7 can do and visa versa with a narrow overlap in the middle. Would you ride your CRF 70 or 80 mph on the highway for a couple hours and then ride some fast gravel or more technical dirt? Conversely would you ride the T7 on really rough dirt or technical single track?

With a 2 bike solution, IMO it is the CRF and the TA. I gotta say I think the T7 Looks better.

I never implied the CRF and T7 are in the same league. I've run the CRF on the highway for a day in NM to get to the start of a BDR, it can do it, but buy the end of the day you feel pretty buzzy on a thumper.
I'd never Single track a T7 or TA either.

With a 2 bike solution, IMO it is the CRF and the TA. I gotta say I think the T7 Looks better.

I never implied the CRF and T7 are in the same league. I've run the CRF on the highway for a day in NM to get to the start of a BDR, it can do it, but buy the end of the day you feel pretty buzzy on a thumper.
I'd never Single track a T7 or TA either.
So when are you buying a TA?

Seat concepts comfort seat and lowered pegs makes those long trips much better.
I had the Yamaha OEM tall rally seat, lowered foot pegs, and one inch handlebar risers on my ‘21……the ergos were pretty good. The stock two piece T7 seat not good.

Top Bottom Back Refresh