What's new

21 year old BMW K1200RS gets a new lease on life.

Took all the lower plastics off and cleaned all the built up road grime from the motor, and washed the rest of the bike.

Motor before:
hBsq7k.jpg
AJTyH8.jpg
LHVws4.jpg
pj3BCB.jpg

Motor after:
JaiRC3.jpg

I then started working on the grayed out plastics. The plastic has to be clean and dry. This stuff works like magic. It foes on a bit slimy. I let it sit for a day or two, then use a dry clean cloth to wipe it off. It dulls slightly, but stays for up to a year looking good. Not slimy after a week or so.
1710782299106.png

I do not use it on tires.

Here you can see the contrast, before and after of these faded parts.
pbDTi5.jpg
p0lJLv.jpg
YjCeTc.jpg
I0Ci91.jpg
yol31k.jpg
xYffqn.jpg
PMcGgu.jpg
aqifud.jpg

Nice work. I was looking for the local upholstery guy the other day and his lights were on/doors open so I dropped in. Sadly he has quit the shop and a young fella has taken over the space to work on metric cruisers (mostly). We had a brief chat and a blue thing in the corner caught my eye...2004 K1200GT....3 miles from my house. Sadly, he doesn't have a title and I didn't enquire any further. Here (IL) it is extremely difficult to get a "lost" title unless you are the last person a vehicle was registered to. I have a friend that is enforcement for the SoS (DMV in most states) and he has told me a hundred times that it's not worth the cost and effort unless it's an uber-rare thing worth many thousands.

Top Bottom Back Refresh