What's new

Any advice to a non BMW rider that may be considering a used BMW (specifically RxxxxGS)

My point is you have shown publicly a lack of critical thinking skills. And in these threads you show substantial bias that’s no different from the bias of the airhead luddites.

The S10 was specifically named in the OP, it is a great and proven bike. Yet it’s not from Munich so it’s trash. That’s cultish, no?

Any of the Heavyweight ADV bikes are good mile munchers and all road travelers. S10, T1200, GS, V85, DL1000, XR.
It just depends on which one the buyer is comfortable on. The GS has distinctly different feel and ergo’s from the others. Some like it, some don’t
:photogDoubling down on insults and stupid. Keep it up!

I certainly hope this thread doesn't turn out to be a brand/group bashing thread.
I talk shit about all brands!

I've owned Kawi's that had inexcusable issues. I owned a few different Honda's that were the least reliable things I ever sat on. I just served a set of forks for a '21 Honda that are completely worn out after one season of woods racing. They design isn't fit for purpose. I've got Yamaha's that would eat their crankshafts. The engines got updated, but the early customers got stuck with the shitty design that Yamaha should've vetted before ever throwing a price tag on it. I've had Harley's that were basically garbage. I had great luck with one Yamaha that was happy to be flogged daily and I've had three different KTM's that seems immune to abuse and have been the most rock solid machines I've owned in my life.

I'm self employed and have to warranty my work. If I do bad work I have to eat it. Bike manufacturers get off too easy. Call em out. Brand loyal fanboys turning a blind eye to obvious issues is a disservice to other riders. They all make good and bad stuff. If the performance is there, I don't give a damn about the branding or the heritage. To me, heritage= rehashed.

I talk shit about all brands!

I've owned Kawi's that had inexcusable issues. I owned a few different Honda's that were the least reliable things I ever sat on. I just served a set of forks for a '21 Honda that are completely worn out after one season of woods racing. They design isn't fit for purpose. I've got Yamaha's that would eat their crankshafts. The engines got updated, but the early customers got stuck with the shitty design that Yamaha should've vetted before ever throwing a price tag on it. I've had Harley's that were basically garbage. I had great luck with one Yamaha that was happy to be flogged daily and I've had three different KTM's that seems immune to abuse and have been the most rock solid machines I've owned in my life.

I'm self employed and have to warranty my work. If I do bad work I have to eat it. Bike manufacturers get off too easy. Call em out. Brand loyal fanboys turning a blind eye to obvious issues is a disservice to other riders. They all make good and bad stuff. If the performance is there, I don't give a damn about the branding or the heritage. To me, heritage= rehashed.
I don't hate any brand of bike, and have owned all common brands, and a few not common brands. I simply prefer the BMW Boxer with a telelever. There is nothing different about having a preferred bike brand and no brand is devoid of issues. In over 60 bikes I have owned they have all had good and bad sides. The most rock solid bikes were often the most boring, for me. As for being a fan boy, well sort of, but I also know better than most the potential weaknesses of each model of boxer.

Top Bottom Back Refresh