What's new

Curves, curves and curves. Show us your favorite curves.

Thanks ! I took it from my video using a GoPro 9. I just got the 10 for my next foray in the video game… I actually suck at video editing so photos are it for now… :lol3
Yeah, video editing is a PITA, I'm barely adequate at it and it's time consuming but still worth it in the end. My GoPro is really old (Hero 3 from 2014) but it still works really well and I use their software to edit. It does the basics well enough for my purposes, I'm not trying to make money on YT (although a little extra income wouldn't hurt)

Angeles Crest Highway, Late 80s.

wknudsen_OLD%20PICS%20AND%20SCANS_ACH1_zps23f3bc20.jpg

The late Frank Cheek, founder of the Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort once told me about a road he found in North Carolina. He named it the Too Too road because he said it was too crooked and too steep to ride on a motorcycle. Here's one of the easier curves.
I can’t thank you enough for this post, brings back many fond memories of Frank and good times had at TWO. I remember riding that road following Frank as a matter of fact.

I never went back to Suches after Frank and Jeannie stopped running the place, I need to get back there. RIP Frank, you are not forgotten.

I can’t thank you enough for this post, brings back many fond memories of Frank and good times had at TWO. I remember riding that road following Frank as a matter of fact.

I never went back to Suches after Frank and Jeannie stopped running the place, I need to get back there. RIP Frank, you are not forgotten.
You are welcome. Two wheels only was a special place for me. Frank and Jeannie made me feel almost like family. I continued to go when Britt and GT ran the place and now that Bill Johnston bought it and renamed it Two Wheels of Suches. It had a distinctly different character with each owner. I liked it best when Frank ran it but time marches on and very few things stay the same. I'll post some more stuff about TWO and Frank when I have some time.

Last edited:
Back in college I would go home to northwest NM for the summers. Spent a lot of time riding US 550 from Durango, CO to Telluride and back, or around, whatever I felt like. Having now done US 550 (CO), the Three Twisted Sisters (TX), and The Dragon, I still think US 550 is the best.

Last time I went up I was able to record the trip to Ouray on my Ducati. It's sped up about 5x...

Amazing again to see that some cars pull over for you. Good luck with that down here in South Florida...
Years ago, I was riding in WY toward Cody and had a great ride through Wind River Canyon etc, until I got slowed down by some idiot in an RV who refused to pull over for the 20 cars behind him. After a while we all passed the RV and low and behold It was a dipstick from Floriduh. I was ready to pull my license plate off in shame....... 🤦‍♂️

Okay, gotta check out Wolfpen Gap Rd. next time I'm down your way ... looks like one of the many amazing roads down south.

Okay, gotta check out Wolfpen Gap Rd. next time I'm down your way ... looks like one of the many amazing roads down south.
Wolf Pen Gap Rd also known as GA180 is considered to be one of the twistiest roads in N. GA. Part of it is tighter and more challenging than the Dragon. N. GA. is full of great riding both on and off the pavement. I discovered that area and Two Wheels Only back in 1990 when I moved from SoCal to FL and was looking for some good riding.

Top Bottom Back Refresh