What's new

Dogs, dogs and.......more dogs.

tempImageDv12Vb.jpg

Laika the Belgian Tervuren and GasGas the stray cat.

tempImageZfexyt.jpg

My wife's cattle dog, Zip. I picked her up from some East Texas rancher that bred his heeler and his border trying to get a better ranch dog...she was a little high strung, the first 9 years.

I finally took the plunge. Didn't get a Border Collie like I was planning. Ran across an awesome litter of German Shepherd Dog puppies that were ready to go and couldn't say no.

So, here is Jack, my new best friend!

IMG_2417.JPG

He discovered when you are little enough you can (sorta) walk on bushes
IMG_2419.JPG

He got bored waiting for the vet to come look him over and give him his puppy shots
WWNJ6078.JPG

Then got to go pick out some new toys after seeing the vet
IMG_1652.JPEG

It was time for a nap not long after we got back home
IMG_1661.JPEG

Down to just two dogs at the moment having lost my 6 year old GSP to cancer last june.
A Waterfowling partner of many years, has breed his Chespeke bay retriever bitch, with one of the best working black labrador dogs in our circle of friends.
With my springer just turned 10 and my labrador now 5, its time for a new pup.
So I am going over to his place in the next half hour to pick up the new addition.
so if you ever wondered what a Chespeke bay X Labrador pup looks like soon you will know. Picture to folow in due course.

Down to just two dogs at the moment having lost my 6 year old GSP to cancer last june.
A Waterfowling partner of many years, has breed his Chespeke bay retriever bitch, with one of the best working black labrador dogs in our circle of friends.
With my springer just turned 10 and my labrador now 5, its time for a new pup.
So I am going over to his place in the next half hour to pick up the new addition.
so if you ever wondered what a Chespeke bay X Labrador pup looks like soon you will know. Picture to folow in due course.

Wish we lived on the same continent, I would sure like one of those pups.

My dogs are "farm dogs" and I use them to locate wounded deer. I bow hunt and sometimes make poor shots, my bow hunting family/friends also sometimes make poor shots. In my area my dogs are well known.

Just snapped a couple in the back of my car this morning when i took him up the bank where no other dogs have been, so he should be safe enough its parvo virus im scarred of but its not in the area at moment.

Ill get some better pics tomorrow, other dogs kept getting in the way, the shots i got were rushed between their movements.

1655216022563.jpeg

1655216419759.jpeg

1655216535015.jpeg

Wish we lived on the same continent, I would sure like one of those pups.

My dogs are "farm dogs" and I use them to locate wounded deer. I bow hunt and sometimes make poor shots, my bow hunting family/friends also sometimes make poor shots. In my area my dogs are well known.
Yes imagine the Chespeke Bay retriever sired By a Labrador retriever should turn out to be versatile Dogs, Not had a chespeke myself but Two i shoot geese and duck with regularly have them. and They seem fine, a bit grumpy around Retrieves sometimes, they sort of get the idea they are the Dead goose monitors and once on the floor of the blind or boat they are theirs to guard. And they seem to think for themselves a little too much for some folks tastes. me im really not that fussy, if they get the job done fast and without drama, thats all good in my book, and i see Chespeke Bays as a gruffer cbit butcher Labrador with a slightly billigerent attitude. The Labrador content in my little goose getter may just dull the raw edge of the chespeke a little, and if i do my bit in training him properly, which because he is a first in so many ways i am already planning a routine and it hopefully will work out great for me and of course the dog.
His name is Elijah , so it got his name or ELI or Lige . I am well pleased, enjoying the awesomeness puppyhood for now though .:brow

Top Bottom Back Refresh