What's new

Goldwings go here…..

While I was in coldfoot AK last week, I ran into a Brazilian couple on a wing. They had ridden it from Brazil. They were on they're way back south from Prudhoe bay. That's what you call hardcore.
Oh my, I'd say so. I wonder how many weeks it would take to make that tide.

My '02
Finally going to click over 100K miles this spring.
Goldwing.jpg
Stock seat?

Yes, it's a stock seat - with the addition of an aftermarket backrest. I actually replaced the seat around 75K, as it seemed like the foam had lost its mojo.

I had 165,000+ miles on one of my Wing's stock seat when I got rid of the bike. This particular seat seemed to get more comfortable as it got older. That was on a 2004 model wing.

It was just a matter of time...struck the bottom engine cover of the gl1800 on the pavement this week....a big rookie mistake to be hitting hard parts. No damage except for scrape marks and a slight dent. It doesn't look like the crash bars touched down.

It was just a matter of time...struck the bottom engine cover of the gl1800 on the pavement this week....a big rookie mistake to be hitting hard parts. No damage except for scrape marks and a slight dent. It doesn't look like the crash bars touched down.
Ouch! What did you hit?

The pavement. The guy I was following started sliding to the outside of the curve so I pushed mine down (hard left) to go around him and I pushed a little too far.
Must have cranked it over pretty good to do that. I ride the Wing mostly 2 up and try to ride it pretty conservative most of the time. I rarely touch anything down with it.

Glad it wasn't a more serious event for you.

Top Bottom Back Refresh