What's new

Goldwings go here…..

Looks brand new. What suspension work do you have planned?

Ours has 85K on it now. Taken the last couple days.

Attachments

• IMG_20230428_095242368_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230428_095242368_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230428_112157239.jpg
    IMG_20230428_112157239.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230429_114727331_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230429_114727331_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 14
Your white Wing looks nice. You will probably need an overhaul in another 220,000 miles.🙂

I plan on installing a Penske performance shock with a 1100# spring with a 1.5 inch longer shock clevis, ak-20 fork cartridges, new fork tubes, rebound/compression adjusters and a reinforced triple tree. I'll also drop the tubes in the tree. Hope all goes well. This will be my third wing similarly equipped.

Looks brand new. What suspension work do you have planned?

Ours has 85K on it now. Taken the last couple days.

Here is a pic of the bike half torn down to replace the air filter. From the pic I had another hour of tear down to go. It will be much faster next time. This is the first time I have torn down a 2014.

Attachments

• 20230614_193134.png
    20230614_193134.png
    744.3 KB · Views: 12
Looks just like the cabin filter in my Corolla last month! Screened off the inlet after cleaning out that mess.

Wing has had about a six hour shakedown after the new Traxxion install. As expected, handles much better.

New fork tubes
Traxxion AK-20 fork cartridges
1.2 fork springs
Reinforced triple tree
Penske rear shock and 1100 rear spring
Custom shock clevis

What advantage does the custom shock clevis give you?

We live where it's flat and the our Wing gets used mostly for two up travel. It has Racetech parts in the forks and a Racetech rear shock.

What advantage does the custom shock clevis give you?

We live where it's flat and the our Wing gets used mostly for two up travel. It has Racetech parts in the forks and a Racetech rear shock.
The clevis gives me another inch of height and the car tire about another 1/2" to 1" of additional height. Then I have the fork tubes dropped 5/16" in the triple clamp for extra height in the front. Additional front clearance is provided during acceleration. This helps with clearance in the twisties where I ride.

The clevis gives me another inch of height and the car tire about another 1/2" to 1" of additional height. Then I have the fork tubes dropped 5/16" in the triple clamp for extra height in the front. Additional front clearance is provided during acceleration. This helps with clearance in the twisties where I ride.

Thanks for the info. Is the Clevis off the shelf?

You can't ride twisties with a car tire, you will die? LOL What car tire are you using? I am going to be ready for another one late this year. Currently using a Bridgestone Driveguard that has a few thousand miles left on it. Going to try something with more rounded shoulders next time.

Thanks for the info. Is the Clevis off the shelf?

You can't ride twisties with a car tire, you will die? LOL What car tire are you using? I am going to be ready for another one late this year. Currently using a Bridgestone Driveguard that has a few thousand miles left on it. Going to try something with more rounded shoulders next time.
No, the clevis is custom made. The tire I am using right now is a non-runflat Kumho ECSTA 4X II in 195/65-16 size. I usually search for a tire in the 19-21 pound range to keep unsprung weight down. The now-discontinued Falken ZIEX 512 was an excellent tire at approx. 19 pounds but began to get slippery as you wore it down.

I hear ya on riding the twisties on a CT. I am sure my obituary has been written a thousands times since I have over 200,000 miles on a CT. "Momma Tried"🤣

While I was in coldfoot AK last week, I ran into a Brazilian couple on a wing. They had ridden it from Brazil. They were on they're way back south from Prudhoe bay. That's what you call hardcore.

Top Bottom Back Refresh