What's new

Goldwings go here…..

Going to look at an 06 air bag model tomorrow, cause you can never have enough flat six, but I’ll probably sell one of the Valkyries, these things take up a lot of floor space.

The 06 Goldwing was about 150 miles south of here, so I rode the 97 Valkyrie down, so then the seller and I met about half way, he went into the Subway to have a sandwich and I took of on the Goldwing, didn’t take long to go oh this is just what I need, came to an agreeable price shook hands and the next day after work I took the pickup down to his home loaded her up and brought it home.
Guess I’ll be selling the 99 Vaalkyrie Tourer soon.
ECFAB4C7-F4D0-448E-AADD-E7CB4B74368E.jpeg

What Gold Wings have a reverse gear, and does the Valkyrie F6 have one? Walked by a Valkyrie the other day and thought it was pretty nice, and asked my self why would anyone want a Harley-Davidson? Very high quality and aging well for a bike I think was maybe 15 years old?

What Gold Wings have a reverse gear, and does the Valkyrie F6 have one? Walked by a Valkyrie the other day and thought it was pretty nice, and asked my self why would anyone want a Harley-Davidson? Very high quality and aging well for a bike I think was maybe 15 years old?
I’m not positive on all of the 1500 GW having it but I know some do, all the 1800 from 2001 to present have it. No Valkyries had it except Japanese versions did

Doing a few things to the new wing to make it work better for me, I didn’t want dig too deep into the plastic fantastic just yet, but I wanted to have some power for gps and phone.

D8789CF0-F231-4BEE-B178-BF5FEAAAFF99.jpeg

0976A4C3-A827-4289-AC16-195E7C85071D.jpeg

Used a powerlet termin8 these are set up to be wired directly to the battery, but I wanted it switched with the ignition, a Panasonic micro relay was attached with Velcro to the side of the battery and triggered by the acc. Post in the fuse box.
Still uncertain about this bike,it’s like a civic packed into two wheels, I sold my Valkyrie tourer this week so I will be riding this on a round about trip to Fla. Hopefully around the first part of September, we’ll see how it works out, if it don’t it’ll be on the auction block.

How are the front ends holding up on the new 'Wings with high mileage?

I ran across a BMW K1600 for dirt cheap, then found out why; the upper and lower ball joints in the front suspension needed replacing, a multi-thousands of dollars job.

I'm chalking that up to wheelies... maybe, maybe not?

Anyway, 'Wing owners with the Hossack front ends please enlighten me.

My wife just bought a new wing as she really wanted a large, comfy seat. I was impressed that she went to the dealership, picked out what she wanted and bought it all by herself. I had to ride it home and ride her around on it now but I'm okay with that.
Can't say it's my favorite bike to ride, but she likes it and we can moto together again now.
IMG_1698.jpg

I changed the air filter in my 2012 once at 50K miles. I'll change it again at 100K.

Why are you stripping it naked?

Not the air filter yet. Bike came to me with only about 600mi.
To my surprise, this is a legit left lane bike. Nothing like the voyager it replaced.

Given it can roll, it's gotta have the same highway radar setup the ninja has. Thus, the GD tank shelter has to come off to route power to the mirror area.

Might as well go ball deep and install the damn xm antenna since I have a lifetime sub I can hang on the unit.

Now here I am again with literally everyone I know asking why I can't buy something and leave it the hell alone 😂

Wife almost cried when she saw what I'd done with "her" new bike...

Top Bottom Back Refresh