What's new

Honda CB350 CB350RS/ GB350S/ GB350C

Honda will officially be introducing the GB350C at several Motor Shows in Japan over the next week. It's the CB350 that was introduced in India last Fall. There are now 3 versions of the same bike: GB350/ CB350 H'Ness, GB350S/ CB350RS, and CB350/ GB350C.

Can we please get ONE here in the US?

GItr-J0XsAAxGjZ?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

GIthZ7ma0AA_3jr?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

GItr-JsXgAAUVzI?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Honda will officially be introducing the GB350C at several Motor Shows in Japan over the next week. It's the CB350 that was introduced in India last Fall. There are now 3 versions of the same bike: GB350/ CB350 H'Ness, GB350S/ CB350RS, and CB350/ GB350C.

Can we please get ONE here in the US?

GIthZ7ma0AA_3jr?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

That looks fantastic. Kinda like the Jawa Redux from a couple years ago. I would prefer it in Honda RED.

fat fendered indian modern retro style cruiser look thing gets a hard pass, not even a second glance from me. i would be all over this one since the first one they came out with. honda will destroy the good looking ones before sending them here and than say motorcycles dont sell well here. send us the stuff that sells well every other place that you dont bring in here. what a concept!
Honda-CB350RS-Price (1).jpg

If they import it it just might be my first Honda and last brand new motorcycle

I think it would kill sales of the current line up. Mixed with dealer fees driving the price up to $8k. Cool bike but probably will not happen. The younger make a payment crowd will not dig the simplicity or style....

No one would buy this bike in the US. It's underpowered compared to other offerings. A CB300R blows it away in terms of performance (lighter and faster). How many Van Vans did Suzuki sell before pulling the plug on it? How many CB1100s did Honda sell before they pulled the plug on it? Etc. Let's face it: it's not what American consumers want. Dealers don't want it either. They want a bike that sells in large numbers.

If we didn't have all those restrictions on imports, I'd have bought one already.

At my age I’m not buying a bike for performance if it’s ugly. I had a TW and sold cuz it underperformed but I bought one. If it was a 250-350 I’d still have it. I wanted a CB1100 but was waiting for the DLX and didn’t settle. They brought few it that’s why it didn’t sell. And the RS woulda sold like the ZRX. Man I shoulda bought one of those, too.

No one would buy this bike in the US. It's underpowered compared to other offerings. A CB300R blows it away in terms of performance (lighter and faster). How many Van Vans did Suzuki sell before pulling the plug on it? How many CB1100s did Honda sell before they pulled the plug on it? Etc. Let's face it: it's not what American consumers want. Dealers don't want it either. They want a bike that sells in large numbers.

If we didn't have all those restrictions on imports, I'd have bought one already.
The RE 350s seem to be selling pretty well but they do have a low price tag going for them. Until recently TW200s were almost impossible to find as they were selling as fast as they could bring them in. Same for the CT125. It's not always easy to predict what American consumers will buy. I'll bet Honda was surprised at what a runaway sales success the Grom was. Not everyone is looking for performance.

I have no idea how well the Honda 350 would sell here. It really wouldn't be competing with the CB300R which is a very different bike. Not everyone likes modern styling and would pick the retro look even if the performance was less. I think Honda's biggest competitor would be the new Triumph 400 which offers somewhat retro styling, performance and a reasonable price. I would buy the Triumph over the Honda 350.

The RE 350s seem to be selling pretty well but they do have a low price tag going for them. Until recently TW200s were almost impossible to find as they were selling as fast as they could bring them in. Same for the CT125. It's not always easy to predict what American consumers will buy. I'll bet Honda was surprised at what a runaway sales success the Grom was. Not everyone is looking for performance.

I have no idea how well the Honda 350 would sell here. It really wouldn't be competing with the CB300R which is a very different bike. Not everyone likes modern styling and would pick the retro look even if the performance was less. I think Honda's biggest competitor would be the new Triumph 400 which offers somewhat retro styling, performance and a reasonable price. I would buy the Triumph over the Honda 350.
Triumph's single seems to be a hit but I have yet to see one on the road. I haven't made my way to my local Triumph dealer but it looks like they have all models on their showroom floor. No shortage there. Success is relative.

Triumph's single seems to be a hit but I have yet to see one on the road. I haven't made my way to my local Triumph dealer but it looks like they have all models on their showroom floor. No shortage there. Success is relative.
I think the Triumph 400s just became available very recently. Last time I visited my local triumph dealer they didn't have any. It looks like they do now.

Really my patience has run thin with dealers for smaller displacement bikes. The price and the modern dealer experience is not what I desire.

Top Bottom Back Refresh