What's new

Killboy Dragon failure thread

No crash for this guy. First time i ran it and we cleaned 80% before traffic... that was a blast.

Attachments

• resize duc2.jpg
    resize duc2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
That road sucks on the weekend. Too many noobs and traffic in general, specially on holiday weekends.... YMMV

Last edited:
I have ridden the Dragon a few times and the weekend can be ok-ish if you wake up well before the Harley crowd.. 🤣 but weekdays are much much better of course.
It isn't that hard to ride but it does require constant concentration. I prefer the Cherohala Skyway and other roads less travelled in that area.. :deal

Last edited:
There's so much other good street riding in WNC I never got the attraction of the dragon when you consider how crowded it often is and the types that show up. When I was a local in Asheville that wasn't the place we went to street ride, we preferred our own loops where there was almost no traffic and definitely no squids. A computer screen is as close as I want to get to most of the riders I see riding in these vids.

I did take a tractor-trailer on it a couple of years before they were banned on the route. I managed to make it through. Definitely shat some bricks along the way. Every time I heard drivers complain about US 411, I would chuckle because the old route between 40 and the Bush Beans plant in Dandridge, TN wasn't anywhere near as gnarly as The Dragon. Old 411 definitely had some tight blind curves but were doable with traffic coming the opposite direction as long as you knew WTF you were doing.

Top Bottom Back Refresh