What's new

Lift/Table

Ready to pull the trigger on one of these, got my name on the list for when there available.
There was a good discussion about these on the NinjaH2SX form. Some folks over there use them and love them.
What I remember:
Small footprint
STABLE
Easy to move bike when loaded
Nice access to underside of bike for service
EXPENSIVE
Handy to use for cleaning and storage

Personally I’ve got HF lifts and love them.
I have less than the skylift cost in 2x HF lifts and a wheel chock. Got 1 new for 289 in 17 and another on market place used for 150 a year later.

In defense of a $2500 dollar lift, I’m not putting the 900+# Voyager on either of my HF lifts. I’ll sell that bike if I have to work on it.

In process of pulling both wheels at same time. Winch/comealong over both axles. Tension both winches. Pull axles. Drop lift table an inch or so. Roll wheels out. Go to tire changer.
Not much chance of tip-over.
01F26E4D-6780-4D1C-B2AC-CA791266BF16.jpeg

If patience is a virtue you posses and you're willing to enter the monkey circus that is craigslist (or like equivalent) there are deals out there. I can't recall the exact figure, but I think I spent about six hundred bucks? Drove to the guy's place, brought it home in my truck.

It's basic, but I would take it over an HF lift any day of the week.

IMG-8412.jpg
One of the best lifts u c get !!!

I love my HF lift but I dread changing the front tire or fork work. I'm a big guy but backing that 800 pound anchor up on the lift is a bitch.

I've thought about an electric winch or a come along contraption but so far I just have my poor 5'-3" wife help me. We are both getting older so that won't be an option in the near future. There's gotta be a better way.:hmmmmm

I love my HF lift but I dread changing the front tire or fork work. I'm a big guy but backing that 800 pound anchor up on the lift is a bitch.

I've thought about an electric winch or a come along contraption but so far I just have my poor 5'-3" wife help me. We are both getting older so that won't be an option in the near future. There's gotta be a better way.:hmmmmm
I bought a small, flat jack. I ride the bike up. kickstand down. Place small jack under. lift the bike so wheels are off ground. strap bike to lift. work on it. unless I'm completely missing the issue you have?

the jack I bought:
71mZ6i+2jpL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

I bought a small, flat jack. I ride the bike up. kickstand down. Place small jack under. lift the bike so wheels are off ground. strap bike to lift. work on it. unless I'm completely missing the issue you have?

the jack I bought:
71mZ6i+2jpL._AC_SL1100_.jpg
I have a similar jack and that works if you don't ride up all the way into the wheel clamp but then the heavy bike is on the back end of the lift and you still have the wheel clamp in your way if you get what I'm saying. I generally prefer to back the bike onto the lift for front end work so that I have a clear work area.:dunno

I'll add another vote for the Handy lift. If you can score one used, do it. I ended up buying new. I really like the airbag vs. the air cylinder. The only maintenance is greasing the pivot points a few times every year. I would absolutely make the same purchase again if I had to. Simple up/down with a foot valve. The lift height is 41" vs. 29-30" of most other lifts. It makes a fantastic shop table when it does not have a bike on it. It is also great for servicing the lawn equipment and snow blower.
LwJ2TqHxIuK-tbifTYKFA84XgJVV8-_ISzfRi_0ogCTc=w2400.jpg

buK9WTBZUBqWuzf48EWVH_zp6TkKKDtlJ2J5K_MzuFkI=w2400.jpg

I have a similar jack and that works if you don't ride up all the way into the wheel clamp but then the heavy bike is on the back end of the lift and you still have the wheel clamp in your way if you get what I'm saying. I generally prefer to back the bike onto the lift for front end work so that I have a clear work area.:dunno
If you have the right wheel chock you can ride up, strap it down, and use woods idea for it. The chock completely disassembles to get it out of the way.

cNelE3.jpg
fXjVtg.jpg
Vq88so.jpg
NBzJd5.jpg

My HF table lifts my Harley Road King without any trouble. I put a better chock on it, and have no fear of climbing on the bike while up in the air on that table, sitting down on its locking pin.

I have some old heavy automotive scissor jacks I can use as center lifts, when I need them.

I'll add another vote for the Handy lift. If you can score one used, do it. I ended up buying new. I really like the airbag vs. the air cylinder. The only maintenance is greasing the pivot points a few times every year. I would absolutely make the same purchase again if I had to. Simple up/down with a foot valve. The lift height is 41" vs. 29-30" of most other lifts. It makes a fantastic shop table when it does not have a bike on it. It is also great for servicing the lawn equipment and snow blower.
LwJ2TqHxIuK-tbifTYKFA84XgJVV8-_ISzfRi_0ogCTc=w2400.jpg

buK9WTBZUBqWuzf48EWVH_zp6TkKKDtlJ2J5K_MzuFkI=w2400.jpg
forget the blower I want to see more pics of that versys with the DRZ front end! lol are you running dual calipers up front and if so how?

Thinking outside the box, this WW2 US Army design can be relatively cheaply made.

GlobalDimension_Workbench0057.jpeg

forget the blower I want to see more pics of that versys with the DRZ front end! lol are you running dual calipers up front and if so how?
Haha! I'll start a build thread here. There is a thread on The Other Forum. I don't have dual calipers up front, I just hadn't removed the second disk when I took the picture. It has since been removed for now. I would need another DRZ left fork to run dual calipers...which I might still do one day.

There was a good discussion about these on the NinjaH2SX form. Some folks over there use them and love them.
What I remember:
Small footprint
STABLE
Easy to move bike when loaded
Nice access to underside of bike for service
EXPENSIVE
Handy to use for cleaning and storage

Personally I’ve got HF lifts and love them.
I have less than the skylift cost in 2x HF lifts and a wheel chock. Got 1 new for 289 in 17 and another on market place used for 150 a year later.

In defense of a $2500 dollar lift, I’m not putting the 900+# Voyager on either of my HF lifts. I’ll sell that bike if I have to work on it.
I was looking at those sky lifts a while back, only to discover they won't work with a lot of single-sided swing arm bikes. There is not even an adapter kit available for my F800GT. Their main lift point is the swingarm pivot on most bikes, and you need to spend more $$$ for adapter kits for each bike. It's an interesting idea, but too limited for too much expense, IMO.

I have an Atlas TD6MR lift that is great for working on the cars. What I would like to do is modify it some way to use it for MC maintenance and maybe parking. Any ideas to accommodate the MCs and still be able to use it for the cars?

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom Back Refresh