What's new

Macro Photography Of Bikes

The plastic cover traps so much junk under it which I'm sure isn't helping things. The bolts for the cover also hold the case saver so I'm going to get shorter bolts so I can ditch the plastic cover but keep the metal chain guide.
Zeta probably makes a solution that doesn't clog as easily, yet still provides some protection from getting something sucked into there.

1706317835828.png

Zeta probably makes a solution that doesn't clog as easily, yet still provides some protection from getting something sucked into there.

1706317835828.png
Thanks. I found that they do have a cover for my bike (PN: ZE80-9406).

pv002.jpg

It's a very nice looking CNC aluminum part. But at $50 I'd rather chop up the plastic one, take it off or even just leave it as is.

Thanks. I found that they do have a cover for my bike (PN: ZE80-9406).

pv002.jpg

It's a very nice looking CNC aluminum part. But at $50 I'd rather chop up the plastic one, take it off or even just leave it as is.
I might try one of those if they make one for the 2015 V-strom.

I remember the roll note thread. Reminds me to get the roll chart deal. I just need to figure out sizing on the printer function. I should also buy the TAT rolls before the paper map and roll chart extinction event.

I remember the roll note thread. Reminds me to get the roll chart deal. I just need to figure out sizing on the printer function. I should also buy the TAT rolls before the paper map and roll chart extinction event.
It's funny I can't make sense of most of what I wrote on those rolls now. I didn't use them like roll charts though but just to make notes that were important at the time. For example, if I was starting the next segment that I knew was 32 miles I'd write the tripmeter mileage +32 on the roll. That way when I'd hop off for gas or whatever I could redo my calculation so I had some idea of how many trail miles I had left for that leg. It was mentally helpful having a goal to glance down at and see my progress. I also wrote some "rules" like "Clean Out The Radiators At Every Stop" since it was fall and they were getting clogged up with leaves. I miss that trip!

It's funny I can't make sense of most of what I wrote on those rolls now. I didn't use them like roll charts though but just to make notes that were important at the time. For example, if I was starting the next segment that I knew was 32 miles I'd write the tripmeter mileage +32 on the roll. That way when I'd hop off for gas or whatever I could redo my calculation so I had some idea of how many trail miles I had left for that leg. It was mentally helpful having a goal to glance down at and see my progress. I also wrote some "rules" like "Clean Out The Radiators At Every Stop" since it was fall and they were getting clogged up with leaves. I miss that trip!
Yes this was the note discussion. I wanted an enduro roll chart deal with my custom maps directions with reminders. Ya I went far off to e paper and machine stats in that discussion. But I get it...no GPS is ever been placed on my bike..I just remember the map. But chain oiling, smelling flowers, hydration and gas is easier to forget.

More like this.

1708063847645.png

But hey, at least you're riding your bike.

A small pressure washer would do a good job on it without blasting water where it doesn't belong. I bought a little Ryobi last year and it's perfect for bikes and engine bays. Keep the tip back, let everything soak a bit, and keep the tip moving around to prevent damage or water intrusion.

Top Bottom Back Refresh