What's new

Macro Photography Of Bikes

I wanted to see if the DL could ride the coleman/tw/tse route... trail breaking DL. I augered a stick into the ground and the other end into my exhaust and chain. Been laughing for an hr. I had to walk to find a line out
20240217_085320.jpg

20240217_091220.jpg
I leaned the bike against a tree to yank the part under the front wheel out and broke it in half to get the rest. Definitely the most adventurous ride in the woods.
20240217_091302.jpg

And brake rotor.
Maybe I will make a video how I fix that. I think even you might be surprised. I leave the rotors on! And the results look blanchard ground. Outside is easy. The inside takes some finesse! I was going to make a setup for rotors that are removed.

Yeah, this chain is done for. I have a replacement but I was hoping it could last until the salt is gone for the year.

2024-02-19 18.29.31_resize.jpg

Don't laugh at me please... :D
2024-02-19 18.37.48_resize.jpg

I didn't realize how far I've had to adjust it. Or how thin my rotor has gotten. Good eyes on you experts! I'm going to keep posting pics and get more free service inspections. :lol2

Chain is binding. I have used wd40 or used motor oil to free up chains. Can't beat soaking the chain in used motor oil for a few days. But wd40 flood every 10-30 miles will free up a chain. Then a favorite chain lube can be used. Oring and xring chains do not like daily salt baths

Chain is binding. I have used wd40 or used motor oil to free up chains. Can't beat soaking the chain in used motor oil for a few days. But wd40 flood every 10-30 miles will free up a chain. Then a favorite chain lube can be used. Oring and xring chains do not like daily salt baths
That's why I prefer Motul chain paste. That stuff is thick as toothpaste and will coat a chain and keep the salt out for a good period of time before the next cleaning and reapplication.

More like this.

1708063847645.png

A small pressure washer would do a good job on it without blasting water where it doesn't belong. I bought a little Ryobi last year and it's perfect for bikes and engine bays. Keep the tip back, let everything soak a bit, and keep the tip moving around to prevent damage or water intrusion.
Probably should start thread on this subject, But. I have had the same PW for years now. It's great. <1800 psi is perfect for bikes and motors, Enough to wash the crusties off but not strong enough to hurt the rubber bits and o-rings in the chain. Paired with Formula 88 (Home Depot)in a spray bottle and a foam cannon ( Chemical bros) and cleaning the dirt bikes is easy. Well as easy as washing 4 dirt bikes can be.
I also have a handheld rechargeable camp shower to wash out the airboxes when needed
just drop it in a 5-gal bucket..
Sorry for the hijack.. Carry on.

Seal Failure.jpg

Yep, that looks like a fork seal failure to me. Cousin who is a motorcycle mechanic told me to pack in Vaseline to hopefully stop the leaking. No suspension oil leaked all night but the result is obvious. At least I can see how badly it is fucked. Thankfully a fork seal kit should arrive on my doorstep later today.

Top Bottom Back Refresh