What's new

(Planning) MD/Eastern PA in Jan

Back when a sv1000 turned 135hp at the back tire on a super flow dynamometer for race weekend! The Harley guys were creaming themselves at 90° bliss. Same year I basically stood next to the Tuttles and...Arlen Ness. The spider bike hadn't even hit TV. I was poking my bud...dude it is Arlen Ness...yes I have the 57 Chevy bike in the bubble pack...and most occ bikes. Daytona rocks....but if ya wanna raise helll do it on a black sportster and not a yellow sumo

Just get Klaviator and his crew to handle logistics...if he is game. Them scooter/dualsport/adv riders are crazy. Seriously!!!
I wanna roll up on some big bad Harley guys while wearing a Sons of Anarchy vest and riding a Vespa scooter. :drink

Klav is a popular guy. I'm a nobody.

That sounds very much like a Macho Manism. Rising to the to the top from the cream of the crop, oh yeah!

Next place of interest is a spot I see during night time drives down south. It's the National Museum of the Crayon Eaters. It's in Quantico, VA, right off I-95. At night, it's a lit triangle. It's in the shape of a sundial.

Triangle.jpg
National Museum of the Crayon Eaters.jpg

I wanna roll up on some big bad Harley guys while wearing a Sons of Anarchy vest and riding a Vespa scooter. :drink

Klav is a popular guy. I'm a nobody.
I only liked the post minus the last sentence. :D

I like your posts. And I love the fact that you’re training for an Iron Butt. There’s a guy with a KLX like mine who posted his IB RR. He did it out west so I had no idea the scale I thought it was so cool and started looking into it. When I saw what it looks like in Michigan I really appreciated the challenge. 🫢

An Iron Butt Challenge out west would be interesting. I'm curious how a bike, carbed or fuel injected, will run at the summit of Vail Pass. It's almost 12,000ft in elevation. MI should be about as "challenging" as the I-95 corridor since it isn't all that hilly. The only trouble spots along my area are the major cities and suburbs. I found it incredibly easy to ride through the DC metro. I hate driving it. It was nice being able to squeeze and blast through the small openings and get away from the slow pokes and left lane hogs.

I would NOT recommend riding along I-40 west of Amarillo, TX. There is a huge feed lot in Vega and it fucking reeks. No amount of vapor rub under your nostrils will block out that funk. It smells like fresh shit smeared under your nose no matter the temperature. When I lived in Amarillo, there were times the wind was blowing from the west and I could smell it from 40 miles away. I wouldn't recommend US60 between Canyon, TX and Portales, NM either. There are handful of feed lots along that highway. They all stink!

I wonder if there is a possibility of a private lesson at the Ride Like A Pro course in Leesport, PA. I live maybe 35 to 45mins from there.
That would be a great experience. I watched a lot of his videos when I got my bike and realized how little I knew about riding. Especially since I was starting from scratch I was reluctant to watch a lot of the YouTubers because I didn’t want to be learning off bad habits from people who claimed to know what they are talking about.

That would be a great experience. I watched a lot of his videos when I got my bike and realized how little I knew about riding. Especially since I was starting from scratch I was reluctant to watch a lot of the YouTubers because I didn’t want to be learning off bad habits from people who claimed to know what they are talking about.
Shane Ekert is the ones who runs the Leesport and Hershey, PA RLaP locations. He, too, was/is a motor cop and is obviously endorsed by Jerry. The course is pretty expensive. I think it would totally be worth the price. Like you, I have also learned quite a bit by watching Jerry's videos. I've been trying to do that static stop for longer than 3 seconds like those guys do. I'm having a difficult time of it. I'm determined to get it down and do it at traffic lights.

Changed my mind on Daytona. As much as I enjoy going down to FL to see friends and relatives. I don't really enjoy the shitty drivers that state is inundated with and I absolutely hate the flat terrain. New bike week destination is Laconia MC Week in Laconia, NH. NH is one of the few states I've yet to visit. I've been to VT a few times. It's absolutely pretty up there. I prefer that type of scenery over what FL has to offer.

Top Bottom Back Refresh