What's new

Post whatever picture you want.

yeti beer.jpg

That's seriously cool bike. CB450?
Thanks! Most hate it because I've modified it so much and for the "road warrior" headlight. Started out life as a '73 CL450K5. After drag racing a CB450 in the early '70s, I wanted to build a street-legal version one day and the idea kept rattling around in my head for decades until I moved to where I am now with a nice detached garage. Found this CL450 in decent used shape and built it as close to this bike as I could, but with fenders and a red frame inspired by the '60s CL77 (305 Scrambler).
450 Lakeland.jpg

I built the engine in it the same as I did the drag bike, 11.6:1 497cc pistons, same exact MegaCycle 120-40 grind 280° duration cams (found a good used set done in 1992), ported head and 36mm Mikunis along with a set of drag pipes you can't find anymore. Took me a couple years and about $9000 total investment ($2500 in the engine alone). It weighs 346 lbs compared to the stock bike's 420lbs wet (the drag bike weighed 305). If I hadn't gained 40 lbs over the decades it would run better than 8.96 at 76 mph in the 1/8 mile

Did some ditch digging with the backhoe (in the pic, the chipper is back on the tractor, my wife spent most of the day chipping all the crap we had to cut out of the way to get to this ditch. It had completely filled in from years of neglect, on an area of our property that is overgrown with blackberries to the extent that we couldn't see what was going on in there. At some point many years ago, trees had fallen into the ditch in several places, and many other trees had grown out of that dead tree. And the ditch was just gone.

And the result was pretty bad erosion of the trail that runs next to the ditch. Finally got some bandwidth to deal with it. The pic doesn't do justice to the size of the ditch, it is about 2' deep. Two different spots, and two weekends of working on it, and we've dug about 200' of ditch.

20221030_110926.jpg

And looking at the picture, now I know where my wife left her hearing protection...

:rofl

This little beast did all the heavy lifting for us. The backhoe is surprisingly powerful for a 25HP tractor. It is small, and slow going compared to an excavator, but it got the job done.

This pic is from a month or so ago when I was using the backhoe to break up the hard packed soil where our grandkids above ground pool sat all summer.

20220911_153435.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh